We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

virgin holiday complaints

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
corby
reviews: 16
virgin holiday complaints

it might be abit late to add this topic as we went to orlando on the 19th dec and returned on the 3rd jan, but been very busy until now. Our holiday got off to a bad start, flight was delayed by 8 hrs due to bad weather, if you have a flight delay for more than 4 hrs your airline Must provide you with meals and refreshments, virgin didnt offer us this, we only found out when we boarded the plane and chatted to other travellers who did receive meal vouchers, on the flight our kids didnt receive the kids meals we ordered and when we landed in orlando, the alamo employee tried his damn hardest for us to upgrade our car, when he realised he was wasting his time he was unpleasant. I complained about this to virgin, i received a $40 gift card to spend in downtown disney, and on returning to the uk, we received £75 for the meal vouchers we didnt receive, £30 for the hassle we received from alamo, £100 voucher off a future holiday and the kids received a bumper sweet hamper, i had wondered if other virgin travellers had similar complaints and couldnt be bothered to complain, it is worth while complaining to their head office, because they will want to keep you happy and will resolve your complaint

Dunfermline, United...
reviews: 41
1. Re: virgin holiday complaints

I thought this was a complaint about Virgin. Turns out it was a compliment! The fact that they recompensed you for things that weren't under their control, like the weather, the service at Alamo etc, I think hats off to Virgin Atlantic.

In case you hadn't noticed, all car hire desks, especially in the US, are encouraged to upgrade and upsell as much as they can. He was just doing his job.

Well done VA!

Bristol, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: virgin holiday complaints

Yes, we had a few problems and complaints on a Virgin Holiday a couple of years ago and when we returned home and complained we recieved £150 voucher from Virgin Holidays and £200 voucher from Virgin Atlantic so definately worth putting your complaint down in writing!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 2
3. Re: virgin holiday complaints

I've complained to Virgin a couple of times, both were quite trivial complaints but both resulted in a £100 off voucher for another holiday and also a voucher for the executive lounge at Manchester airport.....VH do seem to have a declining trend for meeting expectations and their quality has definitely suffered in the last few years, probably as they cut costs to keep up with the budget providers. That said, whenever we've complained about things they've always been keen to try and make amends.

Falkirk, Scotland
reviews: 34
4. Re: virgin holiday complaints

It's a good idea to make your initial complaint whilst you're still on holiday and to keep photographic evidence of anything that doesn't live up to expectations - accommodation, facilities, etc. If nothing is done whilst you're away, you'll have good grounds for pursuing your complaint later on.

Also, make sure you read the back of your travel brochure/booking conditions documentation because the complaints protocol will be detailed there and if you don't follow this you may not get anywhere.

Virgin once offered us a choice of £500 compensation in travel vouchers (valid for two years) or £300 cash.

London, United...
reviews: 17
5. Re: virgin holiday complaints

Having used Virgin loads of time we have had the odd problem but never go the compensation we should have got. We had a 27 hour delay back from Vegas and only got air miles. I've never had any money back from them only vouchers or miles which costs them nothing and helps them get you back again. Bit of a scam if you ask me.

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 7
6. Re: virgin holiday complaints

We had a hotel problem and had to move several times with VH a good few years back - I wrote a letter of complaint when we got back and we did receive a small hamper of goodies. Whilst it did not really make up for the inconvenience, the difficulties we experienced were largely outwith their control so I thought it was a nice gesture.

I've got to say, however, that the service has deteriorated since assigning most of their customer services to overseas call centres and I wish they'd rethink this policy - VA particularly trumpets itself as the UK flag carrier (over BA) therefore it would be nice if they (the Virgin brand) followed this through by becoming a truly British operation from start to finish.

I now prefer to do all my bookings independently and try to boycott all companies who use overseas call centres where possible although it is tricky!

uk
7. Re: virgin holiday complaints

it's a shame that it's necessary but it shows that it kind of pays to complain - although these gestures won't totally make up for the parts of your holiday that were spoilt (and for most of us our Orlando trip is something we plan for, save for and look forward to for a long time) it's good to know that they offer something and at least it means that someone has read your letter rather than tossing it aside.

West Kilbride...
reviews: 30
8. Re: virgin holiday complaints

Could be even less british soon if Air France and Delta manage to win their alleged bid for Virgin as reported in the Sunday Times.

We had a problem a few years ago, we complained on our flight and were offered 2 bottles of wine. I wrote a letter of complaint on return and we were offered £100 of voucher to use against a holiday or on our next flight on duty free etc. Was so disgusted by the service that I've never used them again, so the vouchers were of no use.

manchester
reviews: 1
9. Re: virgin holiday complaints

we were staying at quality inn plaza a couple of years ago .

came back from the parks one day to find loads of tractors workmen re doing the drive way to the hotel .

this lasted for about 6 days , there was noise and dust everywhere .

any way when we got home i sent a letter of complaintto virgin and recieved a cheque for £200.

happy days

Edited: 10:29 am, February 21, 2011
Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
10. Re: virgin holiday complaints

Used Virgin 3 times. 3 times it's been a nightmare so never used them again and never will. Last time we used them was 2002 to Boston, awful....