We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kennedy Space Center?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ostersund, Sweden
reviews: 8
Kennedy Space Center?

Since we will be going from Fort Lauderdale on June 29th and head for Orlando I was planning to stop and visit Kennedy Space Center on that day before ending up at the hotel in Orlando. Is that possible or is Fort Lauderdale to far away? Should I skip the KSC and head directly to Orlando and try to get to one park on that day instead? Our total stay in Orlando will be between the 29th of June until the 4th of July which should give us 4 hole days in Orlando.

Another opportunity is to shorten the stay in Fort Lauderdale with one day and spend a night close to Kennedy Space Center or at Daytona beach.

As you can se I'm full of questions and I love this forum!

Domain of...
1. Re: Kennedy Space Center?

IT all depends on just how much you want to visit the KSC.

You'll be going out of your way if you go to Daytona Beach.

The Kennedy Space Center is a little over an hour's drive from Orlando and about a 90+- minute drive from the I-Drive area

Ostersund, Sweden
2. Re: Kennedy Space Center?

We thought that since at least our son (aged 12) love the space it seams like a good idea to visit the KSC.

My schedule looks like this

Thursday - leave Fort Lauderdale, visit Kennedy Space Center, hotel in Orlando

Friday - Epcot

Saturday - Seaworld

Sunday - Universal Studios

Monday - Wet'n wild

Tuesday (4th of July) - Island of Adventures and the go to St Pete Beach for the rest of the week.

How does this sound?

All the hotels are already booked, but what to do is of course changeable.

Domain of...
3. Re: Kennedy Space Center?

KSC Visitors Complex web site:

www.kennedyspacecenter.com

No opinion of your planned schedule.

Florida
reviews: 2
4. Re: Kennedy Space Center?

Fort Lauderdale will be about three hours (depending on traffic) or so from the Kennedy Space Center, coming up I-95. You can see the Space Center without the bus tour in about 4 hours, and the bus tour (included in your admission, by the way) will add on an extra two or so. At the Space Center itself are an IMAX movie and museums, then the bus tour takes you around to see the launch areas. You can stay on the bus and just make the circuit, or you can get off at each stop and look around, and then catch the next bus. That's why it's hard to give an exact time. I would allow a minimum of 6 hours at the Space Center if you want to include the bus tour. Then you'll have another hour or so drive into Orlando (depending on where you're staying). If you come straight to Orlando from Ft. Lauderdale, you'll probably want to take the Florida Turnpike, which is also about a three hour or so drive. It cuts across the state diagonally, which saves time. If you come up I-95, you'll have about an hour longer drive because you come up the coast and then have to drive inland. So your trip up from Ft Lauderdale will take almost the same amount of time whether you come directly to Orlando or if you drive to the Space Center. The difference will be if you come to Orlando and go to a park, you won't have at least an hour's drive to your hotel afterward.

reviews: 19
5. Re: Kennedy Space Center?

I would do Orlando and forget about The Kennedy Space Centre.

I don't believe it is worth the detour. Not enough there to justify the day lost on the Parks

Ostersund, Sweden
6. Re: Kennedy Space Center?

Okey! if we skip the Kennedy Space Center, which park should you recommend on Thursday, when we probably want be there before noon?

reviews: 19
7. Re: Kennedy Space Center?

WetnWild