We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking and transportation

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sebastopol
reviews: 2
Parking and transportation

We heard from an acqaintance that parking at Disney World is $65 a day. Is this correct? Aren't there shuttles ? Which resorts have direct access without having to drive?

IL
reviews: 18
1. Re: Parking and transportation

Hello grandabonnie,

No parking is $9.00 a day. All the Disney resorts have direct transportation to all 4 parks including Downtown Disney and is no extra cost.

The Bakery
2. Re: Parking and transportation

Parking at any of the theme parks at Disney was $9/day and that allows you to move your car from lot to lot if you choose to do so rather than use Disney's inter-park transport.

Parking at DTD, Westside and Pleasure Island is free. You can get to the parks from there, but it take a lot of time that would be better spent enjoying the parks themselves.

reviews: 19
3. Re: Parking and transportation

I am sure that your acqaintance will be on the Board for Future Planning and Strategy at Disney and this will come from a memo on how we can screw the punters a little bit more. I do not think they will be able to get away with it just yet but watch this space.

I personally think the $9 is disgraceful but lots of gentle folk including Earlybrass thinks it is a wonderful kindness of Disney to allow us to park there at such a cheap rate.

Original planning idea - Put the park miles from anywhere and charge parking. Great!!!

No - Parking should be included in the ticket price

reviews: 3
4. Re: Parking and transportation

Could any of you knowledgeable people tell me how a brit gets to use the Disabled parking at Disney/Universal/Seaworld. We are taking my father who has had a triple heart bypass and has difficulty walking very far (i know - not quite the right place to be taking him - but he wants to see the kids enjoying themselves). He doesn't have a UK disabled badge as he is stubborn that way. But i just thought if he could get as close to the gate where applicable it might mean he can get a little further around the park without me hiring a wheelchair and pushing him all the way. Thanks for your help.

The Bakery
5. Re: Parking and transportation

Jo - I'd suggest two things, first you go to allearsnet.com and checkout their information on handicap information about the parks. You can also post your question there. You should be able to manage the drop off without issue, but you won't get handicap parking.

Second - I post this question as a new post. I think you'll get a better response.

Have a good trip and hope Dad enjoys the parks!

IL
reviews: 18
6. Re: Parking and transportation

JoJoss,

The theme park handicapped parking is quite a hike so you might want to utilize the complimentary wheelchairs to help guests get from the lot to the themepark.

The chairs have blue seats and flag. They are not for park use just to get you to the front of the park.

reviews: 19
7. Re: Parking and transportation

Sorry Earlybrass I can't make out the illustration clearly. It looks like a lizard under a sun umbrella - surely not.