We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norfolk, Nebraska
reviews: 6
Weather

We are Christmas vacationing in Fort Meyers Florida. How should I pack? What kind of weather should expect? Warm, I hope!!

Domain of...
1. Re: Weather

For the previous weather history for Ft. Myers for previous Decembers, go to the Weather Underground web site:

www.wunderground.com

reviews: 19
2. Re: Weather

For up to date weather you could always try

www.weather.com

There have been a few cold spells lately according to some of the reliable posters who live in Orlando. I trust their subjective views. Friends have suggested that I include some warmer clothing because it can get chilly in the evenings.

huskergal - I bet coming from Nebraska you will be walking around in shorts when you get here.

Taipei, Taiwan
3. Re: Weather

If you haven't already, post this on the Trip Advisor Fort Myers forum as well, as they will have direct experience with Ft. Myers weather.

Florida
reviews: 2
4. Re: Weather

The Orlando suburbs are going down to 38F tonight, but it will be back in the 70's by Christmas.

reviews: 19
5. Re: Weather

Oh dear, I think my Mum would put my liberty bodice on in those freezing conditions. It must just be warmer here at the moment - heaven forbid !!

So Eddie and fla4. tell us what you will be wearing out tonight to give us an idea of what should be worn on a thin december night in the burbs of Orlando?

This is a straight question that sometimes gets a very rude answer (from some multi nameless folk) and us brits really do not know what to expect of Orlando at Christmas.

Syosset, New York
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 4
6. Re: Weather

I have gone to Orlando during Christmas 2 times and this is what i normally wear for the day/night:i wear shorts, t-shirt and a sweatshirt b/c it is a bit nippy in the morning but by like 11 or so you want to take off that sweatshirt b/c when i went there were highs in the upper 70s/low 80s! At night i put on a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and i bring a light jacket or sweatshirt b/c it does get cold at night! i hope this helps!

Helen

Milwaukee, WI
reviews: 16
7. Re: Weather

We just returned from Orlando a week ago and we had a lot of rain and it was quite chilly. We had several days where the high was in the low 60's and at night in the 40's. Definately be prepared for cooler weather. You will need pants and sweatshirts in the morning and evenings.

Taipei, Taiwan
8. Re: Weather

At the very least wear two layers, if you're vacationing in Orlando and its cold at night. It has been rather cold this December; personally a cloudy day, cool or warm, puts me in the seasonal spirit, and we've had both cool and cloudy days here. If you live here, though, never put anything on more than a short sleeved shirt, even if its in the 30's; its the only way to stay tough for the inevitable trips north, and not constantly shrieking "Its so cold!!" when you're in Atlanta in January.

reviews: 13
9. Re: Weather

We just returned from Orlando and the Brandenton area, also went down to Naples. All of Florida we saw was unseasonably cold. Definitely long sleeves and pants. I tend to be cold and wore a coat many days. Kids wore jackets. No swimming. Windy. Frankly didn't enjoy the weather at all. But hope it picks up in time for your visit.

Florida
reviews: 12
10. Re: Weather

Coats! No swimming, would not recommenmd shorts or short sleeves. It is FREEZING! 40's at night, only 60's in the day if lucky.