We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New AK ride

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 8
New AK ride

Could not see any recent posts about this but sorry if I have missed one.

Any update on the new ride? Has it opened yet and is it good.

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 5
1. Re: New AK ride

I've been following the construction of the ride on the website screamscape.com and it looks like it's going to be great! Right now they are doing cast member previews, and I think they are set to open in January.

Domain of...
2. Re: New AK ride

Suggest you reverify the information you have on Cast Member Previews and the 1/06 opening date - you're somewhat premature several months.

reviews: 19
3. Re: New AK ride

A few other useful WDW related web sites include:

www.allearsnet.com

www.wdwinfo.com

www. mousesavers.com

www.realMcCoy.com

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 4
4. Re: New AK ride

Was there 2 weeks ago they have a cast member standing outside what will be the rides enterance was told its due to open in May but there would be test runs before the opening date.

UK
reviews: 8
5. Re: New AK ride

That's great thanks. Originally there was a sign where it was being built saying it would open Mat 2006 but so many people thought it would open this month.

Fayetteville, AR
reviews: 1
6. Re: New AK ride

According to allearsnet.com they are going open the ride for a preview to Disney Vacation Club Members (they can bring 3 guests along) on Jan. 26-29. For the complete story go to this site:

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ak/ak_ee.htm

I read on another site (can't remember which one), that they are planning on doing the "Grand Opening" ceremonies for the ride in April (on the Anniversary of Animal Kingdom, but will likely have various previews of the ride in the months that preceed the actual grand opening.

I hope they are running the preview rides during Spring Break when we are there. I can't wait to ride it!!!

England
reviews: 6
7. Re: New AK ride

OK. Ive got to ask. Whats the AK Ride and whats it about. AK= Animal Kingdom, Ya.

Do you mean Everest?

Vinny

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 4
8. Re: New AK ride

ya