We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i like blackpool and i-drive but not the same

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 3
i like blackpool and i-drive but not the same

hi tony7,

i quite like i-drive all that hustle and bustle, there is lots to do here. i find that lbv and kissmmee to quite for my liking and at night time at least on idrive one can walk unlike kissmmee and lbv where you have to drive all the time. thanks pam

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
reviews: 143
1. Re: i like blackpool and i-drive but not the same

hi sweetie... i like i-drive also i was just making an observation ... having been to fla over 20 times i was just commenting about travelling 4000 miles and still being at home .... ps i like blackpool too ...

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
reviews: 187
2. Re: i like blackpool and i-drive but not the same

I don't ever remember Blackpool being as warm as I-Drive or the food and shopping being as good....or I would be going there for 2 weeks in January instead....Tower Ballroom is lovely though.....

liverpool
reviews: 62
3. Re: i like blackpool and i-drive but not the same

I think comparing I Drive to Blackpool is like comparing apples and pears not only that it is insulting to Orlando just on weather terms alone

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
4. Re: i like blackpool and i-drive but not the same

scousekeith.. i was just commenting on the last few years how it has changed ...you have taken my comments too literally of course orlando is hotter than blackpool..you should,nt take things so seriuosly ...i was only expressing my opinion .........

reviews: 19
5. Re: i like blackpool and i-drive but not the same

We all have comments and suggestions to make based on either first hand knowledge or ww know some one who has experienced it .. it is supposed to be about Orlando only but it has degenerated into a chat forum. When people share their information certain parties take things personally instead of accepting the fact that this an information sharing website.

I personally think Blackpool is a dreadful, cold and tatty place and I have no interest in comparing it to Orlando or anywhere else in Florida. That is my prejudiced viewpoint because I have been there, dragged there and i am now old enough to know i never want to go there again.

If you have a point of view and express it on here please do not be surprised if people take issue. They may also choose to let rational debate and logic to be lost.

Cheer up Tonyoo7

hertfordshire
6. Re: i like blackpool and i-drive but not the same

first time i have agreed with vegas

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
7. Re: i like blackpool and i-drive but not the same

i will try vegas thanks for the new name i will try and emulate and elevate my self to your statospheric emminenceship ... my liege....

London, England
reviews: 1
8. Re: i like blackpool and i-drive but not the same

If I may join in here, I went to Blackpool for a weekend once with a crowd from work. Great fun FOR THE WEEKEND, but I would never go again.

Stayed on I-Drive twice previously and staying there again next summer for two weeks. Admittedly the quieter end, but we think its great and of course there is Pirates Cove and the English Pub...loads of places to eat and other things to do in the evening.

Apparently there is a posh new restaurant that does nouveau cuisine, the one that Judith Chalmers was in recently, but the name escapes me...

reviews: 19
9. Re: i like blackpool and i-drive but not the same

Since Dame Judith Chalmers has got her new hips she could have gone for a round of Pirates Golf with you and the kids Carla.

How does she still do those holiday programmes at her age. I bet the cost of the insurance premiums to get her on a flight would feed Poacher and his missus for a year in Sweet Toma....

Doncaster, S Yorks
reviews: 4
10. Re: i like blackpool and i-drive but not the same

Your not allowed to say that name Vagas.

Of that vegatabale that was thought to be a fruit when it was first brought from the Americias to Europe in the 1700's

It was called a "love apple", apple because of its shape , love because of its warm exotic colour. So we ought to refer to it as the Sweet Love Apple Diner. It too is part of I drive and one of the best on that street. While parts of I drive are now looking tacky and dying at the fringes.

The Macardo is simi derlict. the shopping center with the big teddy bear half pulled down on boarded up, only the cinamas seem to be open.

I Drive has a lot better hotels on it than Blackpool and it isan't plagued with slot machines and ammusament arcades although it has its fair share of souvenir shops full of tack and junk. Its still better than Blacpool even if you dont take the weather into consideration