We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is best day to visit Magic Kingdom

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gateshead, England
reviews: 90
which is best day to visit Magic Kingdom

Hi all I need some urgent help we arrive in Orlando on 28th May (Friday) and my 3 grandchildren are looking forward to visiting the Magic Kingdom as soon as possble can anyone telll me which is the best day to visit. Are weekends less crowded than weekdays or visa versa you help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Essex
reviews: 50
1. Re: which is best day to visit Magic Kingdom

Having just come back from 2 weeks in orlando I can tell you that all the disney parks were packed during the 2 weeks we were there which was meant to be a quiet period.

Universal, sea world, busch etc were all quiet and great to go to but Disney has so many hotels now that it seems whenever and whatever park you go to its busy

Weekends and the days that the WISHES fireworks are on will always be more busy though.

Reading, United...
reviews: 24
2. Re: which is best day to visit Magic Kingdom

Wishes are on everyday! (unless it`s a party night and Hallowishes are on).

Fort Worth
3. Re: which is best day to visit Magic Kingdom

Historicly, Monday is the busiest day of the week, at Magic Kingdom. You are arriving during a busy holiday weekend, so every day will be busy.

Make the grandchildren happy and go the first chance you can!

Baton Rouge...
4. Re: which is best day to visit Magic Kingdom

Here are the park hours and parade/fireworks schedules:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm

As for which day is best for the Magic Kingdom-it depends.

If you are staying in a Disney-owned hotel you'll be eligible for their Extra Magic Hours in the parks. This is a nice perk but it will increase the crowds. If you are staying outside WDW I'd avoid the parks on their Extra Magic Hours days.

One of the best things you can do to beat the crowds is to arrive about 1/2 hour before park opening. You'll get more done in those first couple of hours than you'd think :-) If you are driving to the MK give yourself an extra thirty minutes to get to the park from the parking lot. You'll have to catch a ferry or monorail from the lot to the park gates.

Nights when the evening parade is scheduled will also be busier. It's a great parade though and well worth seeing.

Happy Planning!

Jennifer

pa
5. Re: which is best day to visit Magic Kingdom

Saturday the 29th the Magic kingdom is open 9am - Midnight. Spectromagic Parade will be done twice that night at 9pm and 11pm and Wishes will of course be shown at 10pm. I would go Saturday, a great way to start your Holiday :)

Nottingham
reviews: 16
6. Re: which is best day to visit Magic Kingdom

We went on a Saturday last summer as there were no EMH (we don't stay on site). Surprisingly it wasn't very busy at all for the first couple of hours - we got lots of rides done then. It was more busy later but we had fastpasses and also shopped etc. then.

I would go on the first Saturday, and get there early, as others have suggested.

Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 16
7. Re: which is best day to visit Magic Kingdom

Crowd Calendar from Touring Plans... www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php…

Edited: 9:09 am, May 20, 2010
Brookfield...
reviews: 10
8. Re: which is best day to visit Magic Kingdom

That is the Memorial Day holiday weekend, so expect it to be busier, especially that Monday, the 31st.

Gateshead, England
reviews: 90
9. Re: which is best day to visit Magic Kingdom

Thank so much to all who have replied to this post any tips of places to avoid that weekend would be gratefully appreciated. only 7 more sleeps

10. Re: which is best day to visit Magic Kingdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 18, 2010