We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I buy "Express Plus" tickets for Universal Orlando?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hong kong
reviews: 1
Should I buy "Express Plus" tickets for Universal Orlando?

I will NOT stay in the Universal resorts therefore I won't be able to enjoy the exclusive express line for their resort guests. I know there is a line for single riders and I further wish to know:

(1) Are there sth like "Fast Pass" in Universal Parks? Available for non Universal Resort Guests too?

(2) the parks have some tickets called "Express Plus (costs USD15)". It claims to allow you to bypass the regular lines by providing Express Access to most attractions. Worth or need to buy this?

(3) Would the park close immediately at the closing time, or like Disneyworld, would allow you to stay for shopping and eating an the closing time is just for the closing of the games?

Thanks.

London, England
reviews: 2
1. Re: Should I buy "Express Plus" tickets for Universal Orlando?

1. Fast pass is available, they actually expect you to use fast pass now, as they call the regular line 'standby'

2. The express plus ticket is only good for 1 go on each ride. i.e. you ride the mummy, want to go on again, your express plus pass is not valid, you must join the standby queue.

3. I think you can still shop and eat after closing for a short while, but you would probably be better to go directly outside the park to city walk, as there is more choice.

Single rider option is not available on all rides.

I am fairly certain that there is no 'exclusive' express line for resort guests. Once you enter through the fast pass station, you are in a line with resort guests, other express plus users and also those who have used the fast pass. In peak periods the fastpass line can be a long wait.

Saint Peters
reviews: 58
2. Re: Should I buy "Express Plus" tickets for Universal Orlando?

I would say it depends on WHEN you go. We were at Universal and Islands of Adventure for 3 days last week and never waited in line for more than 5-10 minutes max. City Walk area does stay open past closing time but this is the area outside the 2 parks. It seems like there is plenty to do there. I believe everything inside the parks closes at closing time.

Saint Peters
3. Re: Should I buy "Express Plus" tickets for Universal Orlando?

I would say it depends on WHEN you go. We were at Universal and Islands of Adventure for 3 days last week and never waited in line for more than 5-10 minutes max. City Walk area does stay open past closing time but this is the area outside the 2 parks. It seems like there is plenty to do there. I believe everything inside the parks closes at closing time.

Saint Peters
4. Re: Should I buy "Express Plus" tickets for Universal Orlando?

Saint Peters
5. Re: Should I buy "Express Plus" tickets for Universal Orlando?

Sorry!!!!!

NJ
reviews: 63
6. Re: Should I buy "Express Plus" tickets for Universal Orlando?

Keep in mind that if you buy the Exress Plus ticket, it's only for a particular date. So if you pre-buy it for the date that you think you'll be going and if the weather's stormy, you'll be out of luck. Also, as previously mentioned, it's only good for 1 time for each ride. I'd highly recommend staying on site. You can stay 1 night, and get the priviledge for the day you check in and the day you check out.

UK
7. Re: Should I buy "Express Plus" tickets for Universal Orlando?

Also the express plus book price varies according to the time of year. In August it was 35 USD per book.

Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 41
8. Re: Should I buy "Express Plus" tickets for Universal Orlando?

If it is a busy time of year, definatley. Wait times last Feb. were 60-90 min. Worth the extra cost. Yes it only gets you 1 "fast pass" per ride, still worth it. It is dated, got to use it within time frame,which is a drawback.