We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North East, England
Spending money...

We are off to Florida next week and I am taking 3000 pounds, about 52000 Dollars for two people for two weeks.

How much do you think we would spend on basicmeals for the 2 weeks?

I have sorted our budget as follows (Bearing in mind there are 7 parks we are intereste din doing) :

$770 on parks (110 per park, well was last year for both of us)

$1000 on food.

$350 on car hire (we have to pay this on top of what we paid to our travel company cos we are under 25)

and the rest just as spending money on whatever we fancy.

Does this sound realistic?

Orlando, FL
1. Re: Spending money...

You should already have the answer if you've been here before based on past experience.

North East, England
2. Re: Spending money...

Not really because, i was not on a budget last year, i am this year.

if you wernt going to help why reply?

Windsor UK
reviews: 7
3. Re: Spending money...

Three grand is still a big budget for two people and belongs you don't go crazy,you will be able to holiday well.

Xenia, OH
reviews: 1
4. Re: Spending money...

I do hope you mean $5.200. I took $1500 for 2 adults and 1 child and still brought home money. $1000 for food??? How much do you eat?

The Bakery
reviews: 26
5. Re: Spending money...

See, I thought your food budget a bit low for 2 weeks, so i guess it all depends on your dining habits. I usually have just one big meal a day, but I do snack and that's expensive. And I like a decent dinner or lunch, not fast food if it can be avoided. Though I don't always eat at the better restaurants, even Outback and Rainforest end up costing $25-35 pp with a drink. Better places, I figure $35-50 pp + tax and tip.

You should have plenty of money and just use your 'extra' for food or gifts, which ever you prefer. Just enjoy.

North East, England
6. Re: Spending money...

Tourmaline,

Sounds about right, im gonna try and get in a breakfast at Dennys or Bob Evans, somewhere like that, just something to keep me going, then aim for a larger nicer lunch or supper. and like you say if its $35-50 pp then for 2, double it, so 70-100 and that would work out about right, but some places wont be that expensive i guess. Chances are ill be wanting to snack too, so that will up then ante a bit, eps if its an ice cream in a park...

essex,england
reviews: 2
7. Re: Spending money...

I am just back from orlando i also took £3000 we ate well ,done the parks and other things, done a lot of shopping ,bought every one at home a nice present and we still had loads of $ to bring back with us (putting towards next year)Hope this helps have a great time

scotland
8. Re: Spending money...

You could save money on the park tickets if you book before you go, might be a bit latefor that but some sites do let you print off a voucher.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
reviews: 139
9. Re: Spending money...

i have been to florida 21 times since 1992 and my food budget was never more than 700 dollars ....2 adults and 2 kids. eat at ponderosa or dennys good food and inexpensive. try early bird specials between 4and 6pm. the outlet malls are good clothes i will be in florida in 2 weeks hope you enjoy it as much as i have

Clacton-on-Sea...
10. Re: Spending money...

300 pounds !! wow are going to buy florida?

I have been 3 times and spend NO more than 1000 pound for the two of us for 2 weeks.

We always buy the park tickets before we go though.