We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

It will be my boyfriend's and I first time visiting Universal Studios and WDW. We're both 22 yrs old and it will only be us two traveling. Should we take our camcorder and/or cameras with us at the parks? or is it too much of a hassle?

new york
11. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

Thank you everyone for responding. I'm thinking about borrowing my sister's digital camera since she could take 1:30 hours of video footage (with sound) in addition to digital pics.

I might leave the camcorder home because I don't want to have to lug that and the water bottles and snacks.

Bath, UK
reviews: 30
12. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

Your sister's camera sounds like the best idea to me.

England
reviews: 12
13. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

Remember you will need a lot of memory cards if you are using a digital camera for video footage as well. Video eats up the space.

Personally I would take a separate camcorder and camera, each do their own job better. I just had a very small back pack which they both fitted into. The back pack was just left in a locker if it wasn't allowed on the ride.

At IoA the lockers near the Hulk ride are free for two hours. The ones near The River Adventure cost $1 for two hours or something like that.

Lockers in Universal were free for the first couple of hours too whilst you ride the rides, after that it was a nominal charge.

All Disney rides you can take your bags on with you.

new york
14. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

Thanks for your tips! Now I'm considering bringing both. I assumed the cost of the lockers were more than $1.

Cherry Hill, New...
15. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

we've never brought our camcorder but we have 2 kids which means a lot more stuff to carry. we try to travel as light as possible. You could wear a backpack and try it for a day. Perhaps if it can fit in a fanny pack (yes, theyr'e dorky but it sure beats carrying your purse everywhere) you could keep it in a ziploc bag for Splash Mountain.