We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epic aviation: bi- plane rides

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
alberta
Epic aviation: bi- plane rides

I've done a search on Epic Aviation but no results. Does anyone have any experience with this company? My husband wants to ride in a Stearman bi- plane which EA offers 25 min intracoastal rides for under $100 from New Smyna. Flight of fantasys stearman bi plane rides are $170. Are there any other bi- plane rides offered in the central florida area?

Thanks!

united kingdom
reviews: 3
1. Re: Epic aviation: bi- plane rides

There are rides availabale in a number of world war two aiircraft from Kissimmee municipal airport.

Not sure a a Sturman biplane is one of them.

There is a musuam on the west side of the airport where a number of the aircraft are housed.

Among them is a B17. flying fortress, a B24 Mitchel. Harvards, Thunderbolt. And Americian muscel machine of the war and bomber excort. P38 Mustangs fighters. 2 of these which you can get rides in. Not sure about the being able to ride B17- B24 but if they happen to be flying while you are there, there's no harm in asking they can only say no.

Dont know what they charge, its on my wish list when I win the lottery, ( for all of them)

united kingdom
2. Re: Epic aviation: bi- plane rides

PS to above; If you come to Britian you can get a ride in a twin seat Spitfire. And if you go to South Africa the ultimate is a availabale.

0 to the speed of sound in a minute and a half. or 0 to 45,000 ft in about the same time.

This would be in a MK5 twin seat English Electric Lightining.

Dont forget to take your sicky bag and a clean pair of underpants. for this one. Another one on my wish list.

Although my eldes son has experianced a take on in one of these with both after burners on full burn , 0 to 230 mph in 3,000 ft of runway up to the point of rotation. then the drag chute had to be applied.

He discribed his few second experiance as "Awsome"

Cocoa Beach, Florida
reviews: 4
3. Re: Epic aviation: bi- plane rides

Here's Epic's website:

epicaviation.com/vintage-bi-plane-ride.htm

Westfield, Indiana
4. Re: Epic aviation: bi- plane rides

Poacher,

Your note about the Flying Fortress and Mitchell bombers caught my eye since rides are available in these aircraft at a local airshow this weekend. Although most likely not the same aircraft, perhaps prices would be similar to those listed on this link.....

http://www.indyairshow.com/index/warbirdrides

Expensive, but not as much as I might've guessed.

atj

united kingdom
5. Re: Epic aviation: bi- plane rides

ATjoe; Thanks for that; I had no idia if this might be the case but i assumed that any money these people can get in to keep these wonderfull old ships Flying would be welcomed.

As they are very expensive to keep. There are also a lot of rules and regulations reguarding these and taking passangers.

You say "at a local Airshow this week end" Is this local to wher you live or local to Kissimmee Florida.

Since I wont be in Florida for some 10 weeks yet its always nice to know when & where these events are taking place.

I have also got Oshkosh on my wish list to visit , but dont know wheather i will ever make it.

united kingdom
6. Re: Epic aviation: bi- plane rides

ATJoe; PS could not get the web page to open.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
reviews: 4
7. Re: Epic aviation: bi- plane rides

Poacher, there's a good list of Air Shows at this website:

http://www.airshow.com/airshowschedule.htm

Westfield, Indiana
8. Re: Epic aviation: bi- plane rides

poacher,

The air show is local to my home.....apologies for my lack of clarity. I also had difficulties getting the link to open this afternoon. Hopefully you can get it to work and take a look at the Warbirds and Warbird Rides sections along the left hand side. I'll be attending Sunday and look forward to seeing all these aircraft in flight.

Prices for the B17 and B25 rides were $400usd. I was able to talk my wife into letting me take a $45 ride in a biplane a few years ago, but I'm afraid $400 is pushing my luck!!

atj

united kingdom
9. Re: Epic aviation: bi- plane rides

ATJoe $400 a ride. I am payiong slightly less than that to fly Mancheaster UK Sanford Florida return. including taxes.

But when i win them millions $400 will only be a days pocket money. I will try the site again.

Lakeland, Fl
10. Re: Epic aviation: bi- plane rides

http://www.warbirdadventures.com/ at Kissimmee Airport..

This one is not exactly a bi-plane ride but if you're interested check this out... www.stallion51.com

This florida site has a list on their website you might use to Google off of... funandsun.com/1tocf/trvl/aviation/fly.html#ri

Another place for Stearman rides, this is in Eustis, FL.

http://www.flytailwheel.com/AboutUs.htm

They're all kinda pricey.