We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Any advice?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Any advice?

Hi

I'm staying at AKL in October - have only got a standard view room at the moment, am hoping for an upgrade to a Savannah view room like so many of the lucky people in the reviews I've read.

I understand that AKL isn't the best Disney hotel to stay in so am a bit worried I might have made the wrong choice but too late now!

Any advice or info on the hotel any of you can give me??

Thanks so much

Southampton, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Any advice?

This is the most fantastic hotel I have ever seen. We got upgraded when we arrived but the hotel was quite as we went in Jan. It is amazing please do not worry. If you have specific questions email me im_winning_at_cards@hotmail.com

Gem

Dallas
reviews: 23
2. Re: Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Any advice?

You'll be able to view the SAvannah close up when you go, so if you can't see it from your room, really, don't worry about it. I've stayed in both, and been there 4 times, never disappointed!

Florida
reviews: 12
3. Re: Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Any advice?

Kimberly7 we just returned this evening from a 2 night stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We stayed on the 6th floor and had a view of the Sunset Savannah. Animal viewing was only sporadic so if you don't get upgraded I really wouldn't worry about it. There are so many places at the hotel to view the animals that you shouldn't feel cheated. The hotel is lovely and the cast members for the most part were incredibly helpful. You should enjoy your stay, no worries. S-M

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 18
4. Re: Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Any advice?

Don't worry-the AKL is not the most convenient hotel-and I'd advise you to stock up on snacks and beverages as the dining options are limited-but it is the best hotel as far as theming. Wonderful pool and you can see plenty of the animals just looking out the windows in the lobby or stolling the grounds. Yeah,the rooms are a little small and a little dark but the hotel itself is just gorgeous and the extras-the African storyteller,the fireplace in the lobby,the animals-more than make up for it. You will truly be transported.If you get an upgrade,that's nice but not vital to the pleasure you will have in staying at this hotel.

Wales
reviews: 4
5. Re: Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Any advice?

I went there last year, there is nothing to worry about it is perfect.There are 3 fabulous resturant's.In the pool are kid's activity's daily, a water slide and a pool side bar.I went with my sister,my parent's,and my grandparent's,we had wonderful rooms,if you're travelling with kid's or on your own your sure to have a wonderful time.Have fun on your holiday.

P.S

The weather is Fantastic in October.