We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney World in October / All Star Sports

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
reviews: 3
Disney World in October / All Star Sports

We will be visiting Disney on 10/10-10/15 this year. We have been to Disney about 5 times in the last fourteen years, with the last trip being in 2003. All prior visits have been during spring break or the summer months. Please let me know how the crowds are, as well as the All Star. We have never stayed at a value resort.

IL
reviews: 18
1. Re: Disney World in October / All Star Sports

Ginak,

I have never stayed at the All Star, but a friend of mine has stayed at both All Star Sports and the newer All Star Movies. She preferred the All Star Movies because her little one loved the Toy Story and 101 theming. She also said the food court is much bigger. But if your family are sports enthusiasts then of course the Sports theme would be better. One other thing, is the rooms are really tiny. Only about 250 square feet so she needed two rooms for her family. You'll be going at a great time because you shouldn't have to deal with long lines! The weather is still warm, middle 80's.

Orlando, FL
2. Re: Disney World in October / All Star Sports

Keep in mind that the ASR is on the south edge of WDW property - if you're driving, you shouldn't have waits for transportation. If you're not driving, suggest you rent a car or you'll have to rely on the WDW bus system as you probably already know.

Alabama
reviews: 3
3. Re: Disney World in October / All Star Sports

The bus system hasn't been a problem when we stayed at Animal Kingdom or the Carribean Beach. Should we expect a long delay from the All Star Sports?

New Richmond...
reviews: 180
4. Re: Disney World in October / All Star Sports

I cannot speak for October directly, but last summer at POP in August (peak time), the lines for POP were terrible but AS Resorts would pretty much empty the line with each bus. I would say that it should not be an issue.

We are also looking into an AS Resort for October or November this year. I cannot wait!!!

Lyle

Crestwood, KY
5. Re: Disney World in October / All Star Sports

I have stayed at several of the AS resorts in October and have never rented a car. Yes, they are the furthest properties from the MK, but it's never bothered us. We get to the bus stop at the hotel about 30 minutes before we want to be at the parks. I like these resorts because they get you on Disney property for the least money and we really only use our hotel for someplace to sleep, shower and get a quick breakfast. The food courts are great for that.