We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 year old birthday in Orlando

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 34
5 year old birthday in Orlando

Our daughter will be celebrating her 5th birthday while we are on vacation in Orlando in June. I am looking for some ideas for some special things to do in WDW or in Orlando generally. Can you help?

Thanks

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 29
1. Re: 5 year old birthday in Orlando

Take your daughter somewhere special, it doesnt have to be theme parks, theres plenty of great places to see in Orlando that your daughter will enjoy. Checkout these websites for some ideas:

http://www.orlandoinfo.com

http://www.cityoforlando.net

http://www.go2orlando.com

Scotland, UK
reviews: 133
2. Re: 5 year old birthday in Orlando

What about a character breakfast? I am sure she would like that. You could buy a t-shirt that says I am 5 today or Birthday girl, let her choose where she goes on her birthday and you could buy a cake (or Ice-cream cake if you are staying at a villa).

united kingdom
reviews: 1
3. Re: 5 year old birthday in Orlando

hi - i've travelled to Florida so many, many times ... my only advise is to make sure you are at the Magic Kingdom on her birthday - the SPECTROMAGIC and WISHES parades which both take place at the end of the day are incredible and something she will remember for the rest of her life - and so will you. ha. Check with the Disney website to make sure these are taking place on the day you intend to visit, as although they are a daily event in high season, i seem to remember that during low season they are only on certain nights. Dont bother visiting the Magic Kingdom if these parades are not running on that particular day as it WILL be the highlight of your holiday - ENJOY ...

Bradford, United...
reviews: 40
4. Re: 5 year old birthday in Orlando

How about swimming with dolphins at Discovery Cove. Great day for everyone, you can get a non swim admission (much cheaper than the dolphin swim) and then get your daughter the swim with dolphins pass.

Essex England
5. Re: 5 year old birthday in Orlando

I'd definately suggest a character meal. Breakfast with the Princesses at Cinderella's castle would be a great idea but it is notoriously dificult to get into! You'll need to book in advance, i think it's 60 days before hand!

Ontario,Canada
reviews: 14
6. Re: 5 year old birthday in Orlando

Our daughter will be celebrating her sixth birthday in a few weeks while in Orlando and we have booked dinner reservations at the Rainforest Cafe for that special night. Everyone says the kids will love it and also once being seated you can request a volcano birthday cake to be brought to the table which is made up of a stack of chocolate brownies and lots of whip cream coming out the top. We also have a character breakfast booked for her and if you mention to the agent at Disney when booking they will make a note on your file and your child will get a birthday card signed by the characters at the meal. We happen to book at the Cape May Cafe located at Disney's Beach Club Resort. Rates are 17.99 for adults and 9.99 for kids. This breakfast features Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Chip n dale. We are making sure to bring a bunch of smaller presents that she can open on her special day!

Good luck with your little princess!!

Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 34
7. Re: 5 year old birthday in Orlando

Thanks for all your help.

nottingham
8. Re: 5 year old birthday in Orlando

Check out CHEF MICKEY'S for character dining.We took our 4 year old there in 2002 and will definately return on our next visit.

Portsmouth, Ohio
reviews: 57
9. Re: 5 year old birthday in Orlando

Would look into booking a character breakfast on morning of her birthday. We had breakfast at Disney's Beach Club Resort Character Breakfast called Cape May Cafe and the theme was Goofy's Pool Party very cute! Goofy,Minnie,Chip and Dale are the characters here and the buffet food was great!

Check out the pictures with the characters we posted

Type in Cape May Cafe in the search box above

Click on Cape May Cafe and you will see 1 review.

That is our review with pictures.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 11
10. Re: 5 year old birthday in Orlando

My daughter celebrated her 6th birthday in Magic Kingdom last year. We collected a birthday badge from CityHall and then had reservations for Cinderalla Breakfast at the castle. It was a brilliant day as all the charachters spotted her birthday badge and made a special fuss of her. Her most magical part was the parade where the Fairy Godmother who she had met previously at castle, remember her and shouted out Happy Birthday Lucy from the float. I have been to Magic Kingdom at least 7 times and last year was the most enjoyable.