We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra Magic Hours - which park morning? evening?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 11
Extra Magic Hours - which park morning? evening?

As per WDW website, Extra Magic Hours are on different dates for different parks...morning or evening....

For which park what Extra Magic Hours (evening or morning ) is better to use?

Also, I don't get, it's 1 hour before or after or more?

Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 18
1. Re: Extra Magic Hours - which park morning? evening?

its an hour before generally and the upto 3 hours afterwards depending on the park!

The best park to use the morning extra magic hours is Animal Kingdom and probably Magic Kingdom. I probably wouldnt bother with the slightly extended evening times at AK but would use the evening extra magic hours at any of the other parks

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 67
2. Re: Extra Magic Hours - which park morning? evening?

I've done Extra Magic Hours at all the parks on my visits and it really depends on the time of year and how crowded the parks are as to which ones are better.

During the very crowded seasons when the Disney resorts are full of guests, EMH days are not worth the hassle, as the crowds those days are much larger at the designated park.

However, in the off seasons when crowds are much smaller, the EMH days work very well. I find Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom particular good for the morning sessions.

I've also attended evening sessions at Animal Kingdom and it was good only if you don't care for the animal attractions themselves. The safari and many of the other true animal attractions and such are not accessible, but the rides and shows are.

Boston...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Extra Magic Hours - which park morning? evening?

A distinct advantage for park hopper tix. You can go to the A.M. EMH park and when it becomes terribly crowded,(which it will) you can then leave and tour another park.

New Orleans...
reviews: 13
4. Re: Extra Magic Hours - which park morning? evening?

I have found that EMH are the Worst days to go to animal kingdom. We travel at off peak times and even then every time we have gone to animal kingdom on an EMH day it has been terribly crowded, I think because it closes earlier everyone tries to make use of the extra time but it backfires because you have to deal with much heavier crowds.

5. Re: Extra Magic Hours - which park morning? evening?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 05, 2009