We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shortest route from ohio?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield, Ohio
reviews: 31
shortest route from ohio?

i know there is a shorter route going through virginia , and the carolinas, but i cant seem to figure it out. im not good at maps. i mapquested it a while ago and found a way to get to orlando in 12 hours instead of 15, but now i cant figure out how i did it???

any help?

Brandon, Florida
reviews: 1
1. Re: shortest route from ohio?

From what city in Ohio?

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
2. Re: shortest route from ohio?

Take I 75 south to the Florida turnpike. Definitely more that 12 hours! More like 15-20 depending on where you start.

Springfield, Ohio
3. Re: shortest route from ohio?

springfield its by dayton...

but i had a route through the other way that i mentioned that is only 12 hours. was given to me from a truck driver that used that route but i dont see them any more...

was hopeing someone new the other way.

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
4. Re: shortest route from ohio?

A truck driver that made it in 12 hours was going at least 90 mph the whole way!

Springfield, Ohio
5. Re: shortest route from ohio?

lol...well they used this route in a car also. they just knew of the route because they used it while truck driving. of course it took longer in the truck

Brandon, Florida
6. Re: shortest route from ohio?

Using Microsoft's Streets & Trips, from Springfield, OH to Orlando, FL is 980 miles and would take 15 hours with a 15 minute stop every 4 hours. The route is essentially I-75 all the way until you get to Wildwood, FL when it changes to the Turnpike.

I'll see what route goes through Virginia.

Brandon, Florida
7. Re: shortest route from ohio?

Using the same criteria, any route through VA and the Carolinas is longer (about 1050 miles) and at least 17 hours.

Brandon, Florida
8. Re: shortest route from ohio?

If you do that trip in 12 hours, let us know how many speeding tickets you got. LOL.

pa
9. Re: shortest route from ohio?

jsg96, from my corner of PA it's about 1,028 miles. 16 hour drive without stopping. It took my friends 18 hours with 5 stops. The bulk of the drive is on 95 thru NC, SC, GA & FL about 660 miles.

Try the Mapquest site again and put in your address and as a destination put in walt disney world resort, 7100 municipal drive, orlando, fl.

Northeast PA
10. Re: shortest route from ohio?

980 miles in 12 hours is doable, it's only 82 MPH. If you leave at 9 PM at night and drive all night on a mostly empty roadway you could do it. Your'll never do it in the daytime when the roads have more cars on them