We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Vistana Villages vs Marriott Grand Vista

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
reviews: 4
Sheraton Vistana Villages vs Marriott Grand Vista

They seem to be virutally identical but was wondering if there were any additonal pro's of the Sheraton vs Marriott?

Taipei, Taiwan
reviews: 6
1. Re: Sheraton Vistana Villages vs Marriott Grand Vista

Some nitpicky details:

Marriott Grande Vista has its own private 9 hole golf course, I believe, and also has the Nick Faldo Golf School. The Marriott Grande Pines GC across the street is not exclusive, though I would bet Marriott guests get a discount, while Sheraton guests would just pay the normal rate like anyone else. Even if golf doesn't interest you, having a golf course on site would add to the vacation ambience, I would think.

Sheraton's entrance looks impressive, but Marriott's entrance is a longer road with magnolia trees on it, so you would get more of a feeling of being away from the outside world.

Sheraton is more convenient to the Disney parks, the Lake Buena Vista area, and Downtown Disney. Marriott is closer to SeaWorld and the Universal Parks and the busy part of International Drive. But in reality the resorts are not that far from each other.

The preponderance of what I've heard indicates that all other things being equal, guests may feel less pressure overall from timeshare salespeople at Marriott than at Sheraton. And from personal experience at other Marriotts (timeshare places), any attempt to get us to come to a timeshare presentation was minimal (a brief phone call and a few vm's on the phone over 2 weeks).

Sheraton Vistana Villages is overall a newer resort than Marriott Grande Vista. That's a statement about when the resorts were originally built, not necessarily about the specific units, as Marriott has done updating of units (and I'm sure Sheraton has).