We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pitha House

Which Captiva Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
st. albans
Pitha House

We use to stay at the Pitha House (Martha's Glade) but the Pitha family sold the home last year. Does anyone know who bought it or if it's going to go back on the rental market? Would love to be able to vacation there again. "The most perfect location for us".

18 replies to this topic
milton, MA
reviews: 1
1. Re: Pitha House

Yes. A woman by the name od Dorothy Lichenstein bought it. We were renting this home as well, and our last stay was 4/2012. We met Dorothy on the beach, and she said she would be staying in Pitha House while her beach front property across the street was being renovated. She thought she may put Pitha back in the rental pool again when her renovations are done. Not sure of the the progress!

Captiva Island...
Destination Expert
for Captiva Island, Sanibel Island
reviews: 28
2. Re: Pitha House

This is a double post from February, here's the link to the other original post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34481-i768-k61091…

I just followed up on this at the beginning of the month, the home is not yet back in the rental market. Not sure when or if it will be again!

Captiva Island...
reviews: 45
3. Re: Pitha House

Dorothy would be the widow of Roy Lichenstein, famous pop artist? He and Robert Rauschenberg had homes on Captiva.

www.lichtensteinfoundation.org

Edited: 2:04 pm, June 29, 2013
milton, MA
4. Re: Pitha House

yes

st. albans
5. Re: Pitha House

Thank you so much for the update..anything else you may hear please let me know. Again, thank you. At least there is a possibility, right?

milton, MA
6. Re: Pitha House

Yes, I hope so. It is a beautiful spot, especially after the brief owner before Dorothy cleared some of the trees a bit so you could see the channel from the house/pool. It has been landscaped beautifully! The original owners, Martha (Glade) family, were very nice, and kept the rates affordable!

st. albans
7. Re: Pitha House

Yes, a beautiful spot for sure. My husband and brother say its the best spot on the channel for fishing. I just love all the different birds, the dock, (which is wonderful for reading a book) the pool, no stair climbing and the quietness of it all. Thanks again and would just love it if you kept me posted.

Jefferson, Georgia
8. Re: Pitha House

We loved this house. We were there every year for 6 years until it was sold. I hope they will rent it out again. We took our boat and fished for two weeks straight. It's the perfect vacation rental home! We took three generation of family and had the best time!

st. albans
9. Re: Pitha House

Bean3, is there any news on rental for Martha's Glade?

Sanibel Island...
reviews: 9
10. Re: Pitha House

From the research I did, the house is still not being rented out.

Reply to: Pitha House
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted