We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging

Which Captiva Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida Keys
reviews: 1
Lodging

I am looking for lodging for Labor Day weekend - stumped on location. North Captiva Island looks great, but I was wondering if it is easy to travel back and forth to Captiva?

On Captiva Island what is a good compromise for secluded on the beach, but close enough to ride bikes into an area for shopping or dining? I have been looking at Periwinkle Resort, Beach Road Villa, Captiva Island Inn and South Seas Island Resort - wide range of amenities. Any thoughts?

The Bakery
reviews: 26
1. Re: Lodging

North Captiva is a place to go and stay, not a good spot to jumping around, but it should be more than enough for a couple of days.

Beach Road Villas is off beach on Sanibel.

Periwinkle Cottages are off beach in an excellent quiet location on Sanibel's west end. Tropical Winds and West End Paradise are in the same area.

Captiva Island Inn - middle of Captiva Village. I think you'd do better at Jensen's Twin Palms, also in the village.

SSR - over priced, but beautiful spot. Alternate, Tween Waters Inn.

Captiva has no bike paths, but Captiva Island Inn and Jensen's would be walk to everything, including Captiva Cruises, restaurants and shops. SSR no long runs the trolley into town, so you'd need bikes at the least. Too far away from anything on Sanibel for anything other than a car.

Cape Coral, Florida
2. Re: Lodging

Maybe consider a boat rental at 4 Winds Marina for the weekend. Instead of paying the ferry and for parking, rent a boat and then you can go to 4 islands with shops and restaurants. You would have the seclusion of North Captiva Island and the freedom to go where ever you want when ever you want. You can also explore lovely Cayo Costa statepark.

3. Re: Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Captiva Island