We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House Rental

Which Captiva Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
House Rental

What are Baybreeze and Beachbreeze like? The interior pics. are gorgeous. What about their location? Is the "dipping pool" shared with the 2 units?

If you had to choose between those two, Bay Jah View, or Calypso, what would you choose? We'd like as much privacy as possible but good beach access.

The Bakery
1. Re: House Rental

The pool at Bay Breeze and Beach Breeze is behind the house and has a deep, private yard. The duplex has a wall between the two halves, so technically you share a continuous pool that is divided. You'd have to ask AmRC, but I think you could swim under the privacy panel - but there might be a second separator inside the pool to prevent that. Unfortunately, the pool faces pretty much due north so it isn't very sunny back there. The sun deck faces Laika Lane. Easily the largest and most private lot of the 3 houses. You do get a whole lot for the money. A little over 100 yards to the beach. Ask, but I think Beach Breeze's pool area has less sun than Bay Breeze. Hard to tell and it varies by season would be my guess.

Bay Jah View's pool has very little privacy from Binder and is on a very small lot that is mostly visible from the street. I had a private rental almost across the street from this house and every time we went out to Binder you could basically see everything. The plantings have grown in since then but it still has really limited privacy. The pool sits on the driveway side and is more open to view than the photos suggest. It is an excellent buy and a lot of house for the money. The elevator is a huge plus when hauling groceries - especially bottled water. You will catch a view of the bay from the top floor. The house directly across us lower than Bay Jah View so you see over it. You must walk across Captiva Drive to get to the beach. I'd call it at about 250-275 yards at least.

Calypso Captiva is small and well maintained with a small pool that is easily viable to the neighbors. This house was very nicely restored years ago and has changed hands a number of times [as Captiva houses are wont to do] and always been popular. It seems like every owner has worked to keep it very well maintained continually updated. It would be the smallest of the 3 choices and the most 'beachy' in its style. The yard is very small as I recall. I'd say around 130 yards to the beach, perhaps a bit more.

Groveland, Florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: House Rental

I'm actually in Calypso while writing this. The foliage is fairly dense around the pool and visibility to the neighboring yards is minimal.

I'll post a full review when we return.

3. Re: House Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, September 06, 2009