We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do without kids in mid-October

Which New Smyrna Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Things to do without kids in mid-October

We have vacationed in NSB several times with our young children. In mid-October my husband and I will be taking a long weekend vacation without the children to celebrate my 40th birthday. Any suggestions on things to do?

Boston...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Things to do without kids in mid-October

Did you stay on the driving section, and if so did you find the cars annoying or unsafe for your kids?

Baltimore, Maryland
2. Re: Things to do without kids in mid-October

No. We never stayed on the drive section of the beach. They are so many options on the no-drive section that we never even considered it. We have spend the last three years in New Smyrna Beach for spring break, loved it so much, that we bought a condo in June. We have been renting it steadily and are looking forward to our upcoming getaway.

Boston...
3. Re: Things to do without kids in mid-October

I never saw a lot of options on the no drive section when I checked it out...hardly any hotels but just condos that were mostly 2 bedroom. We like to stay right on the beach. But if you are just a couple going for less than a week, a condo isn't really practical.

Also, I read that the sand on the south part of the beach (no drive section) was not as nice as the northern part. Bethune beach in particular was mentioned.

New Smyrna Beach is a beach I have wanted to check out for many years, but never did because of the driving on it. That really puts me off.

However, I keep reading how people love it so my interest is always piqued.

Baltimore, Maryland
4. Re: Things to do without kids in mid-October

We have been pleased with the sand, beach, and condo accommodations. We list ours through greatoceancondos.com. The rates are listed on a nightly basis so you can reserve a condo for a weekend. If you want to check ours out it is in the Ocean Club at Turtlemound complex and is unit 202. Whatever you choose to do, I would recommend NSB for a family vacation and suggest the no drive section so you don't have to worry about your children with the cars on the beach.

Boston...
5. Re: Things to do without kids in mid-October

Is the sand and beach the same in both sections (north/driving and south/non driving) ?

Baltimore, Maryland
6. Re: Things to do without kids in mid-October

I don't see any difference.

New Smyrna Beach...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Things to do without kids in mid-October

Here's a link for a calendar of local events:

nsbfla.com/calendar.cfm/…monthly

Sounds like you may already know some of this, but there are several kayak (or other types of boat) rental vendors, fishing guides, and golf courses. A sunset walk on the boardwalk at Dunes Park is romantic, and my wife and I just had a couples massage at Riverview Spa that was incredible. Its pretty easy to get a permit for building a fire in one of the fire pits on the beach (at least it used to be, its been a few years). The New Smyrna Beach History Museum is very well done, too by the way, if you like that kind of thing. Give me a little more info and I may be able to give you a little better direction.

Edited: 9:30 pm, September 24, 2013
8. Re: Things to do without kids in mid-October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about New Smyrna Beach
More New Smyrna Beach Topics