We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving & Black Friday

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 8
Thanksgiving & Black Friday

After 12 years of visiting Naples, I just discovered that we will be in town over American Thanksgiving for the first time next month. I'm SO excited and curious to experience Black Friday sales. The craziness of it usually makes the Toronto papers but I'd still like to experience it for myself!

Two questions:

1. Is there a restaurant where we can enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving dinner without breaking the bank (3 of us-casual, formal, any style, really)? We have a car so travelling isn't an issue.

2. Aside from online, is there a local place where I can find all the flyers (circulars) for Black Friday? I know that here at home, they get circulated in our local newspapers. Where do I find them in Naples? We stay by Vanderbilt Beach.

Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks!

Florida City...
reviews: 101
1. Re: Thanksgiving & Black Friday

Most hotel restaurants will offer a traditional Thanksgiving meal. I would recommend beginning your search via www.Opentable.com and looking for something that might appeal to you and your budget. Some off hotel property restaurants may only offer 1 or 2 seating time choices.

As to the shopping, most of the flyers will be in the newspaper. (Naples Daily News) www.naplesnews.com You can request a copy at the hotel or you can pick one up at a Walgreens, CVS, Publix or convenience store. In my opinion, the Naples shopping is a bit disappointing compared to a bigger city, so the hype may not live up to your expectations. The Waterside Shoppes are more of the high end stores including Saks and Nordstrom, the Coastland Mall will be clothing, department stores, etc... and then you will find the bargain sales at WalMart, Best Buy, Target, Toys R US,etc...

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
reviews: 35
2. Re: Thanksgiving & Black Friday

The Black Friday ads are trickling in now. Here's a site that tracks them.

slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

I'm much more of a Cyber Monday shopper than a Black Friday shopper.

Canada
reviews: 8
3. Re: Thanksgiving & Black Friday

Thank you! the slickdeals link really helped. I'll definitely try the paper as well.

As for Thanksgiving, I hadn't thought about the hotel restaurants--a natural solution!

Thanks!

4. Re: Thanksgiving & Black Friday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 08, 2013