We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casual Restaurants

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Casual Restaurants

Hello!

I've been reading through the previous posts about restaurants and have a whole list of upscale places I'd like to try - but I'm wondering if someone could recommend a few casual places too. It looks like a lot of the restaurants prefer the men to wear slacks, and I'd love to have a few options where my husband could just wear nice shorts where we could sit back, have a drink and still enjoy a food meal!

We'll be staying at LaPlaya for 5 nights at the end September and are getting very excited for our trip!

Thank you!

Knoxville
reviews: 7
1. Re: Casual Restaurants

I know a lot of people don't like chains, but we love Joe's Crab Shack! It's right on the water, has good food, and a great atmosphere. The waiters will even do the electric slide for you . . . What more could one ask for?!?:)

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
reviews: 19
2. Re: Casual Restaurants

Hello,

Some casual restaurants to try are Riverwalk, The Dock, Fernandez the Bull & Pincher's. Some other restaurants where dress shorts and a collared shirt would be appropriate for dinner are the Turtle Club (outdoor seating) and Yabba Island Grill. Check if the Turtle Club will be open during your stay. When I called for a reservation for the beginning of September, they said that they would be closed for renovations.

Have a great time!

Rochester, Michigan
reviews: 6
3. Re: Casual Restaurants

The Mercado shopping center has a few casual spots, and Tommy Bahama's will welcome you as well. Another place is Gumbo Limbo, an ocean view outdoor restaurant at the Ritz. A bit farther south is The Boathouse. The Old Naples Pub is also fun.

Naples, Florida
reviews: 43
4. Re: Casual Restaurants

90% of Naples dining is open to nice shorts and a collared shirts for gentlemen. As mentioned above The Dock is right on the water and has good food but can get a little cramped (that doesn't bother me), Pinchers Crab Shack is an all time casual favorite with brown paper on the table. Both are on the back water. Handsome Harry's and Ridgeway Grill are low key and yummy. Farther north is The Bay House also on the back water, it is delightful, do not skip dessert there!

New York, New York
reviews: 16
5. Re: Casual Restaurants

There are countless casual restaurants on 5th Avenue and 3rd Street. You will find a mix of casual/fancy, etc. For example, there is Yabba's, pizzerias, Handsome Harry's, Pazzos, Mangrove Cafe. Depending on where you are staying and if you have access to transportation, there are also restaurants near the mall and closer to the La Playa/RItz Carlton area, such as a hibachi restaurant, Olive Garden and Cheesecake Factory.

However, I have seen shorts, khakis and jeans worn in even the fanciest restaurants (i.e. Campiellos and Vergina). Slacks are not exactly conducive to August heat in Florida, and it is rare that I see them.

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
reviews: 53
6. Re: Casual Restaurants

There are several good casual restaurants at the Waterside Shops as well, which will not be too far from where you are staying. We like the outdoor Happy Hour at the Silver Spoon Cafe - half price drinks, appetizer specials, and they often have someone playing music.

Also, we really enjoy having dinner at Bricktop's bar. It's casual, yet elegant, at the same time! Also, my husband always wears shorts to Brio as well.

Minneapolis...
7. Re: Casual Restaurants

Thank you for all the responses! I'll be sure to report back after our trip!

8. Re: Casual Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 29, 2013