We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airboat Trips

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, United...
Airboat Trips

Afternoon,

Was just after some quick help and advice, we are staying in Naples for a couple of days early August. One of the things we'd like to do is go on an Airboat Trip around the Everglades. Can anyone recommend and good place to do this.

Thanks

David

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 77
1. Re: Airboat Trips

Head for Everglades City on the US41 Tamiami Trail.

There are several operators there. Choose if you want a small 'private' tour or to be on a bigger airboat. The smaller boats cost more per person but tend to be faster/more personalised.

Speedy's, Captain Doug, epat etc. are all much of a muchness but fine. Speedy I know does both mangroves and 'river of grass'.

You should find coupons in maps, tourist guides, websites etc. May be a bit 'buggy' so wear repellent and cover up.

Knoxville
reviews: 7
2. Re: Airboat Trips

Okay, I just have to ask: What does "much of a muchness" mean???? Hahaha:)

Indiana
reviews: 44
3. Re: Airboat Trips

You might want to consider this company: http://www.southwestfloridaecotours.com/

I'm sure there are other companies who are concerned about the environment of the Everglades.

Recently one of the tour operators rammed another boat. A few weeks later a captain lost a hand to an alligator while trying to get it to jump on the edge of the boat. Feeding marshmallows to wild animals does nothing to protect the Everglades, not to mention how terrified the people riding on these boats must have been.

There are boat tours from the National Park at Everglades City. The Nature Conservancy also has options.

ps: I don't know what much of a muchness is either.

Stawell, Australia
reviews: 54
4. Re: Airboat Trips

'Much of a muchness' - means they are all pretty much the same, all very similiar...

Knoxville
reviews: 7
5. Re: Airboat Trips

Is it a cultural thing . . . Do you hear it often?

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
reviews: 35
6. Re: Airboat Trips

We did Wooten's on Tamiami Trail. In restrospect, I'd prefer a smaller airboat for just the four of us, rather than the bus-style boat we were on.

The good thing was that it was on the way to another destination, Shark Valley, where we saw the real Everglades with quite a nice tram ride out to a viewing platform.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 77
7. Re: Airboat Trips

'What does "much of a muchness" mean???'

Foxmum has it right. Sorry, I didn't realise this wasn't widely used in the US? We do use it here fairly often when items are alike.

See

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/much_of_a_muchness

It's also used in Alice in Wonderland - a couple of Americans have responded on it here;

forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php…

Stawell, Australia
reviews: 54
8. Re: Airboat Trips

We use it reasonably often here, as well...

9. Re: Airboat Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Naples