We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car specials for December?

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore
reviews: 25
Rental Car specials for December?

I know it is a long way out but one of your intrepid posters (Thanks PattiB!) posted a special at Budget I used for rental this past April. It was an unbelievable deal and thought I would ask....probably need to check back closer to date....Thanks. jck

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 12
1. Re: Rental Car specials for December?

Yes...I think you have come up with the best answer to your own question. You may want to make a reservation whenever you see a half way reasonable rate and then keep checking back at a site like www.carrentals.com to see if any specials appear. That's my own plan for my next trip. Prices are looking pretty steep just now...hoping they will improve a LOT nearer to my travel dates.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
reviews: 65
2. Re: Rental Car specials for December?

Hi jck - I have not seen specials for December yet. Will post as I see them come up.

Glad the special back in April helped and happy to hear you will be visiting Naples again

Baltimore
3. Re: Rental Car specials for December?

Thanks Patti! We get to Naples 2-3 times a year (our family has a place right at Moorings Beach) so maybe my wife and I can treat you to a cocktail when we return in December. Your posts are extremely helpful and when you can save money on things like rental cars, it allows to spead more money into the local economy. jck

Edited: 10:18 am, June 13, 2012
Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
4. Re: Rental Car specials for December?

Thank You jck. Happy to help. Meeting you and your family when you visit in December sounds lovely. Thank you.

Rome, Italy
5. Re: Rental Car specials for December?

I have a european driver's license. when renting a car in in SWFL where I vacation, the rental companies scare one with all sorts of liability insurances that one should really have. how much is really necessary?

Joanne

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
6. Re: Rental Car specials for December?

Check with your auto insurance company at home to see what is covered when you travel and if they recommend additional insurances offered at time of rental.

Baltimore
7. Re: Rental Car specials for December?

Also check with your credit card company......when you rent a car with a credit card, you are usually covered for insurance by the issuer of card.

NJ
reviews: 11
8. Re: Rental Car specials for December?

If you have an American Express card they offer a great deal for primary collision coverage at only $20-25 PER RENTAL, not per day. You have to sign up for it in advance and charge the rental on your AMEX card.

Media, PA
reviews: 15
9. Re: Rental Car specials for December?

We always use Dollar Rental out of RSW. They always give great prices for a mid-size car. I am going in December also but did not rent the car yet just waiting for the deal...I will let you know if I find one.

Chicago
reviews: 24
10. Re: Rental Car specials for December?

Does anyone use Hotwire? If so, who is the rental agency? They have some great prices & state that the rental company is in the terminal.

You have to pay in full in advance, but it might be worth it.

Thanks for your help.