We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using $100 bills

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hull City Of...
reviews: 6
Using $100 bills

hi

i have purchased some dollars online and i noticed half of it is in £100 bills is it accepted in shops and restaurants in Naples Hoped a local could help me out

Englewood, Fl.
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 3
1. Re: Using $100 bills

The mechants in Naples, as well as anywhere else, will be more than happy to accept large denomination bills. Just as long as you did not print them yourself... ;-)

In todays economy, 100USD isn't really all that big a deal anymore anyway!

Hull City Of...
2. Re: Using $100 bills

thank you .They are just taking a little time to dry at the minute LOL

3. Re: Using $100 bills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:35 pm, May 02, 2012
Edited: 2:35 pm, May 02, 2012
Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
reviews: 3
4. Re: Using $100 bills

Whilst making a recent purchase at JC Penny in Naples, I noticed the cashier needed the approval of a supervisor before being able to accept a $50 note. I also remember this happening at another department store.

I would imagine a $100 bill would attract a similar vetting procedure.

Hull City Of...
5. Re: Using $100 bills

thanks for all your advise . I think its a case of suck and see and a trip to the naples bank if needed

Blackpool, United...
reviews: 14
6. Re: Using $100 bills

Hi,

We always have a stock of $100 when we travel, never had a problem I think they know when we travel from England we dont want a wad of 10s and 20s, To carry over.

Have a good holiday.

Laura

7. Re: Using $100 bills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:42 am, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Naples
Recent Conversations