We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking ban

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 65
Smoking ban

Hi

I know that smoking on Naples beaches has been banned, but is there anywhere where you can go to have a smoke - like the back of the beach or picnic area? Thanks. (Please, no lectures - I know it's a filthy habit!)

Edited: 6:49 am, February 20, 2012
Pompano Beach...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Smoking ban

No smoking on Naples Beach??? guess I won't be going there! lol

England
2. Re: Smoking ban

It's because of the cigarette butts, apparently (which would annoy me too - but so does any litter). Anyway, I know my place! And might well move myself and my bottle for butts up to Barefoot Beach (waving my 'unclean' bell of course!)

Pompano Beach...
reviews: 16
3. Re: Smoking ban

Even tho I am a smoker the butts all over the beach would bother me too....I always carry an ashtray in my beach bag, and I think on FMB they have butt bags. Guess I am a clean smoker.....lol

Barefoot beach is beautiful! enjoy

Boise, Idaho
reviews: 96
4. Re: Smoking ban

I'm not a smoker but I've never noticed a NO SMOKING sign at the city Beaches. Trying to find something online and so far no luck.

New York City, New...
reviews: 5
5. Re: Smoking ban

Was on the beach the last few days and EVERYONE was smoking. If you must, please, please, please, be mindful of the people near you and which way the wind is blowing so not to have those people be bothered by the smoke. Not a lecture, I promise. But some smokers don't realize when they are smoking outdoors that secondhand can be bothersome.

Bringing your own ashtray or a cup with a little water is a good idea.

Enjoy the beach!

England
6. Re: Smoking ban

Thank you, guys. I read on here somewhere (can't remember where!) that smoking was banned on Naples beaches - and there's lots of general website stuff about a proposed ban on smoking at Naples beaches (though nothing to confirm that it happened!) I also saw an image of a sign for Delnor Wiggins, which said no smoking. It's not a matter of life or death (lol!) - it's just that if you can't do something, you want to do that thing and your head fills with that 'need' and you don't relax!

We generally take a bottle, containing a little water, with us, to put our butts in. Once, in the dark in San Francisco, I reached down in the car and picked up water to drink and got the wrong bottle! Urrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhh!

New York City, New...
reviews: 5
7. Re: Smoking ban

Oh my! I could only imagine what that tasted like!

Delnor Wiggins is a State Park so that could be the reason for no smoking there. The other beaches in Naples are either county or city beaches. Different rules apply.

Another thing to know. No alcohol on county beaches but alcohol is permitted on city beaches. However, no glass on any beaches so be careful and enjoy!

8. Re: Smoking ban

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, November 26, 2012
Edited: 1:35 pm, November 26, 2012
Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 10
9. Re: Smoking ban

c

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 53
10. Re: Smoking ban

Mr. Cigar - a quick search of Google leads to recent studies that shows that exposure to secondhand smoke in the outdoors is quantifiable. Secondhand smoke is a danger to nonsmokers, especially children. Your claim is false. To smoke where nonsmokers have to breathe in your smoke is rude. If I burned a nasty-smelling incense upwind of you, I'm sure you would understand how disruptive and unpleasant your smoke is. Yes, sometimes nonsmokers can move away, but it's not always possible and there's no guarantee another smoker won't show up.

Get answers to your questions about Naples