We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$20 dollar beach charge?

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WEST MIDS
reviews: 68
$20 dollar beach charge?

Hi, we're going to Doubletree Hilton and I've just noticed there is a charge for the beach!?! We've never been to Miami so not sure is this a a standard thing at all hotels, is it per person, what does it cover etc etc? Sorry if I sound a bit stupid but it's not something I've encountered before. Many thanks

6 replies to this topic
m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 7
1. Re: $20 dollar beach charge?

That's not a charge for the beach. They call it a "Resort Charge" and it includes (from their website):

"Guest internet access; 2 Beach Chaise Chair; $10 View Restaurant Food and Beverage Credit; local and toll free 800 calls."

WEST MIDS
2. Re: $20 dollar beach charge?

Thank you for your response, is that each person per day do you know?

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 7
3. Re: $20 dollar beach charge?

Usually it is per room, per day. It's another way for the hotels to get your money. I had to smile at the "toll free 800 calls".

WEST MIDS
4. Re: $20 dollar beach charge?

Thanks for your responses really appreciate it :-)

Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 24
5. Re: $20 dollar beach charge?

Under Florida law, all beaches are free and public below the high water mark. I repeat ALL beaches.

WEST MIDS
6. Re: $20 dollar beach charge?

Thank you for that. I'm guessing I'm misinterpreting what the money is for but definitely misleading, thank you again, much appreciated .

Reply to: $20 dollar beach charge?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted