We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami for teenagers

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami for teenagers

are there any places we can go with a 17 yr old which are "cool" but will serve virgin cocktails etc so she can have a drink (but so can the rest of the family who are all over 21!)?

10 replies to this topic
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
1. Re: Miami for teenagers

m>

Where is your hotel / what area are you visiting?

AG

2. Re: Miami for teenagers

We're staying at the New Yorker Boutique Hotel for 3 nights and plan to do the Art Deco tour, Little Havana and SoBe. We'd like to go out for dinner in the evening somewhere with a bit of music maybe and dancing (though not the nightclub type!) Any suggestions?

Arundel, United...
3. Re: Miami for teenagers

Hi guys similar thing for us but we're going in August. Any ideas?

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
4. Re: Miami for teenagers

Marion / foodie>

South Beach is filled with fun sidewalk cafes that serve food (&drinks) the entire family can enjoy. A great spot for a 17 year old girl is Lincoln Road Mall which has every sort of shop you might imagine PLUS fun restaurants and bars, bakeshops and ice cream stores that stretches across the city. Because this is a tourist town, most of these areas are open every single night quite late so no matter when you visit you'll find fun.

My guide is here

www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

AG

Houston, Texas
5. Re: Miami for teenagers

Hi guys!

AG- First off, thank you for your amazing, detailed and knowledgeable posts. Similar situation. Single daddy (in my late 30's) of two amazing well-traveled teenage boys. Will be in SoBe the first week in August '14. Dual hotel stays- first at the Avalon for 3 nights (which the boys picked, I compromised [loudness]), remainder of the week up the road at The Ritz Carlton (for me!) up the road. I've been there before with age-like-minded friends and also with the boys once but for half a day "passing through". Basically, first time for us 3 to actually be together for a week in SoBe. Do you perhaps have any other specific suggestions of things we could do? Also, apparently they want to ditch dad for an "evening" and do their own thing, fine by me, I phoned a friend of mine and she'll be driving in from the Ft. Meyer's area to do dinner such evening, but, what could they do on their own, safely? Besides a quick stop at the Quicksilver store, surely they do not want to do shopping, ice cream nor pastries. They are just "too fancy & cool". Thanks in advance for your help, I am a bit overwhelmed with the numerous destinations and things-to-do in your amazing city in my situation.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
6. Re: Miami for teenagers

Andre>

Lincoln Mall is the spot. Let them pick a dinner place - Yard House or Shake Shack are close to the movie theater so maybe dinner & a movie? Or if that's too tame, dinner and Lucky Strike could work (plus the mall is a short westward walk from the front door of the Ritz so they can't get lost)

bowlluckystrike.com/locations/florida/miami/

This link has deals on skydives, Marlins Games, the car museum, boat rides, kiteboards, jet skis and more

www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/Miami/deals

On a together day, rent a car and take them to snorkel Pennekamp -

http://pennekamppark.com/snorkeling-tours/

My guide is here

www.tinyurl.com/KEYDRIVE-AG

Enjoy!

AG

7. Re: Miami for teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, July 14, 2014

Houston, Texas
8. Re: Miami for teenagers

AG- Thanks so much!! I am afraid dinner and a movie won't work for those two but between Lincoln Mall and Lucky Strike, they'll have to manage. I've just found out that a friend of them, also a teenager, will be in Miami around the same time so I love your idea of Pennekamp for snorkeling. I'll get a car for the day and drive all three of them. Small problem, he and his family are staying at the Trump up North and I would rather not have to go pick him up. Should he cab it to come meet us at our place in SoBe or are there any other means of transportation I may suggest to his parents?

Also, may you kindly forward some cross streets in Little Havana which are away from tourism and rather more local? I've been up and down calle 8 but never veered off. I think it's time to see and experience the area. We are definitely having a Cuban sandwich at Las Olas as you suggested on another post so any other moms-and-pops-hole-in-the-wall food outlets in Little Havana you could recommend would be awesome.

Thanks again!!

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
9. Re: Miami for teenagers

A>

What kinds of evening activities do your kids like?

Besides being "fancy & cool" I guess I don't have a sense of what they might want to do ...

The Trump isn't that far away, so if the other boy's parents don't mind, the S bus runs straight down Collins Ave to South Beach and stops on Lincoln Mall so the kids can meet up there. The Trump has a shuttle service to South Beach but I'm not sure if the schedule will suit your plans.

My guide to the Key drive will help fill out the snorkel day

www.tinyurl.com/KEYDRIVE-AG

Here is a link to a walking tour of Calle Ocho -

…nationalgeographic.com/travel/…

In addition to El Pub, El Palacio de los Jugos and Los Pinareños Fruteria 1334 SW 8th Street would be fun food stops.

AG

Sacramento...
10. Re: Miami for teenagers

I and a group of 18 year old teenage girls will also be at the Ritz. Is there any activities for 18 year old girls like night activities? We will be in Miami the first week of August

Reply to: Miami for teenagers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted