We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Central or Avalon Hotel

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
reviews: 3
Park Central or Avalon Hotel

Can you help me decide on the above for a two night stay?

Both similar in price. Any tips on parking?

Age ranges of family are from 7 to 65 years!

10 replies to this topic
m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 6
1. Re: Park Central or Avalon Hotel

The two are very similar, and right next to each other, so location is the same. If you just had to pick one, go with Park Central, it's a bit larger and has a (small) pool, and rooftop deck. But either one should be very good for a not-too-fancy hotel in a great location.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
2. Re: Park Central or Avalon Hotel

Re. age range, no problem there with either hotel.

Neither has on-site parking. They both offer valet (probably in the $30+ per night range). You can also self-park for $20/day in the city public parking garage about a block away (at 7 Street and Collins, enter from 7 Street).

Liverpool, United...
3. Re: Park Central or Avalon Hotel

Thanks.

Some of the reviewers did mention noise into the night from clubs and bars. Don't expect peace and quiet as this is Miami, but wouldn't want to be listening to thumping music till 5am. Are these hotels far enough down the strip to be a little quieter? Are there nightclubs next door?

Would it be best to go for a high or low floor at either?

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
4. Re: Park Central or Avalon Hotel

The Park Central is in an ever-so-slightly quieter location (though neither is in the worst part of Ocean Drive for noise). It is also a taller building, so more likely that you can request a higher floor, which I think will be quieter. The thumping music people refer to is probably from traffic on Friday and Saturday nights. It's not as bad as it used to be compared to 10 years ago. I don't think you need worry, just request a quieter room on an upper floor. Note: a room all the way back on a low floor can be bad also, garbage trucks show up at 7 AM in the back alley.

GardeniaPalm
reviews: 23
5. Re: Park Central or Avalon Hotel

I second the Park Central!

Stourbridge, United...
reviews: 10
6. Re: Park Central or Avalon Hotel

is this the avalon in fort lauderdale?

GardeniaPalm
reviews: 23
7. Re: Park Central or Avalon Hotel

Aly- No, there is an Avalon along Ocean Drive in South Beach.

Liverpool, United...
8. Re: Park Central or Avalon Hotel

Thanks everyone.

Just out of interest which sections of Ocean Drive are the livelier/noisier areas?

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
9. Re: Park Central or Avalon Hotel

Anywhere on Ocean Drive between 5 and 15 Streets is lively. The noisiest sections are between 7 and 12 Streets.

Miami Beach
10. Re: Park Central or Avalon Hotel

Hi jt0thec,

I agree with everything rk says about the Park Central and Ocean Drive.

Since we talking about the area, it's also worth mentioning, the Casa Grande Hotel on Ocean Drive offers full suite-size rooms, and the prices are usually reasonable.

In case you haven't heard, Miami Beach hotel rooms are usually smaller than hotels rooms in other cities.

Have a great vacation,

Michelle Moore

Miami Tour Company

Reply to: Park Central or Avalon Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted