We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stone crabs?

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
stone crabs?

i remember hearing the stone crab months were any month with the letter R in it.

is there any place i can get stonecrabs in late august (im staying in south beach)? i know of Joe's takeout but i was wondering if there were any other alternatives. thanks

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 79
1. Re: stone crabs?

I think the season is October to April.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
2. Re: stone crabs?

pbure66>

Alas, stone crab season does not officially start until Joe's reopens in mid-October. Meanwhile - they're serving Alaskan Crab and soft shells all summer long.

Stone Crabs are around $30 an order. For that price, if you choose to try and eat them out of season - you will be served frozen and thawed critters. Defintely not worth it!

Learn more at :

http://www.joesstonecrab.com/

Joe’s Stone Crab Restaurant is open as of May 19th for the Summer Season through July 30th. Joe's Stone Crab Take Away will be closed until mid October.

SUMMER HOURS

Wednesdays and Thursdays Bar opens at 5:00, Dinner 6:00pm to 10:00pm

Friday and Saturday Bar opens at 5:00, Dinner 6:00pm to 11:00pm

Sundays Bar opens at 5:00, Dinner 6:00pm to 10:00pm

AG

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 79
3. Re: stone crabs?

Stone crab is one of my favourties but I usually eat it in Key West at a fraction of the price mentioned here but even there I don't think you will get it fresh in August.

4. Re: stone crabs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 14, 2009