We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Fort Lauderdale Airport too far from South Beach?

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto,on
Is Fort Lauderdale Airport too far from South Beach?

We have booked a hotel in South Beach for Christmas and are very excited. HOwever, I think I've left it too long to book our flights. Flying into Miami is very expensive and I can't really find any good deals. Also, with the connections, we are spending all day getting there and back.

If I can get a deal to Fort Lauderdale, is this feasible? How much would a cab be to South Beach? or is there another way?

Montreal
1. Re: Is Fort Lauderdale Airport too far from South Beach?

im in the same boat. i believe a cab ride will be around 50$.

we are 3 ppl so we'll split the 50$...so it isnt that bad.

is there any other way to get to south beach tho? shuttle is 26 each i think so that doesnt make much sense..

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
reviews: 7
2. Re: Is Fort Lauderdale Airport too far from South Beach?

Ft. Lauderdale is an option but a taxi cab is expensive. I've never done it but I'm guessing it's at least $60 but probably more. This is a common question on this forum. Use the Search option and search the "Miami Beach" Forum for the word "Lauderdale" and many posts to this question pops up. You will find there are other options to taxi cabs.

If you do a google search for words such as "taxi cab fare Lauderdale" and other such combinations of words, you should find the rates for a taxi cab.

Have a great time down there! We just got back from down there and had a GREAT time! I hope you do too!

Cheers!

toronto,on
3. Re: Is Fort Lauderdale Airport too far from South Beach?

wow, thanks for the quick responses. I was feeling quite depressed about the situation, but this gives me hope. How much is a normal cab fare from Mialmi Airport vs cab fare from Fort Lauderdale? If not much defference it could be an option.

I'll do searches... I stupidly thought I was the only one with this problem and didn't think to search....

Any other ideas would be greatly welcome. I don't want my Christmas plans ruined because I can't get there.

Fort lauderdale
reviews: 30
4. Re: Is Fort Lauderdale Airport too far from South Beach?

Ive taken a cab from FLL to South beach and it was about 80$ with little traffic. We were 4 ppl so it wasnt too bad but its quite an expensive cabride lol

Hoboken, NJ
reviews: 16
5. Re: Is Fort Lauderdale Airport too far from South Beach?

Hubby and I flew into FLL this past April, rented a car for 35.00 with no drop off fee, drove to our Sobe hotel dropped off the luggage and returned the car. Very Easy and much better the public transport.

toronto,on
6. Re: Is Fort Lauderdale Airport too far from South Beach?

Thank you all so much. It sounds like flying to FLL will be a good plan.

And it seems that we do have some good options.

Meowroman, exactly where did you drop off your car? In South Beach, or out at Miami Airport? Were you able to walk back to your hotel?

Hoboken, NJ
reviews: 16
7. Re: Is Fort Lauderdale Airport too far from South Beach?

dropped our luggage etc. at our hotel and then returned the car to a city site drop off. I believe we rented from Alamo.

NorthEast
8. Re: Is Fort Lauderdale Airport too far from South Beach?

I have been told that there is a shuttle that can take you too SoBe from FT Lauderdale...and its like 15 to 20 bucks.

Anyone know about this?

Kentucky
reviews: 26
9. Re: Is Fort Lauderdale Airport too far from South Beach?

I, too, am flying into Ft. Lauderdale (Southwest doesn't go to Miami), but don't want to rent a car since I'll probably be "sedated" for the flight -- esp. in view of the latest terrorist stuff!!! Let me hear more about this $15 shuttle, if anyone has any information on it; thanks...

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
10. Re: Is Fort Lauderdale Airport too far from South Beach?

otter>

This site is $18 per person.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

AG