We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Folks in South Beach

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Ontario...
reviews: 15
Old Folks in South Beach

I'm an ancient 52 and my wife is 44. We are heading to the Colony Hotel for a few days in May and I was curious how South Beach is to my age group. Looking for attractions and watering holes within a walk of the hotel. I may be a little old for the latin dance clubs but I think Wet Willies will do nicely. While the Parrothead in me may prefer a French Quarter/Key West style Saloon, I would love to pop into Mango's and The Clevelander and have a drink.... just to say I did. Any advice?

8 replies to this topic
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
1. Re: Old Folks in South Beach

Ancient Mariner>

Weekday afternoons at 4pm the Parrotheads meet at Monty's at the Marina for happy hour...

Read more fun stuff here -

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34439-i35-k719483…

25 cent shuttle map & stuff to print -

southbeach-usa.com/maps/miami-beach-maps.htm

AG

Hamilton, Ontario...
2. Re: Old Folks in South Beach

Ancient Mariner LOL! Thanks AG, you really know your Miami. Monty's looks nice. How far is that from the Colony?

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
3. Re: Old Folks in South Beach

Ancient>

Nope - you can hop on the 25 cent shuttle or a Deco Bike at any kiosk or just wander along through South Pointe Park - super scenic route!

Check this out: southbeach-usa.com/scene/scene1/boardwalk/mi…

My guide to fun food / drinks

www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

AG

Kent
reviews: 43
4. Re: Old Folks in South Beach

that made me laugh, we're also 51 and are going south beach for 2 nights in sept, i look forward to your recommendations for the oldies!! and hope there's somewhere to park my zimmer frame

yorkshire
reviews: 51
5. Re: Old Folks in South Beach

Ha, me and my old man popped into mangoes, just for the hell of it, we sat at the bar and ogled the scenery .... Very entertaining to say the least.

Didn't feel the need to cavort on the dance floor but watched the dancers, at the younger and fitter age end strut their stuff.

Really enjoyed it - so go for it and embrace full on Miami..... Before it's time for a hip replacement lol

Hamilton, Ontario...
6. Re: Old Folks in South Beach

Haha you guys are a howl. Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to the beach, bars, Cuban restaurants... I may even rent a bike and head to South Pointe Park. Could I get from the Colony to Montys this way?

Viersen, Germany
reviews: 33
7. Re: Old Folks in South Beach

Hi Voodoo, we're are also an old couple (53/48) ;-) and stay in the Colony in June. We've been to SoBe two years ago and went to Mango's, Clevelander and all the bars on Ocean Drive and had lots of fun. To Monty's you can easy walk. Have fun!

Hamilton, Ontario...
8. Re: Old Folks in South Beach

Recap.. We went and had a great time. Liked Wet Willies daiquiris, hotel room rum and cokes and Budweisers on the beach. Stuck our heads in Mango's and Clevelander but they were packed and lined up (near Memorial Day Weekend). Great time... even for old folks

Reply to: Old Folks in South Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted