We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day/night in SoBe - where to stay and what to do

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florence, Kentucky
reviews: 53
1 day/night in SoBe - where to stay and what to do

My wife and I have one full day in Miami post cruise on a Friday with an early 645am Saturday flight out. We have a $150 total or less budget on a hotel - any suggestions? Will hotels hold your bags in a secure location until checkin time. In addition, is there any way from the Port to South Beach on public transportation? Anyone with experience taking the Airport Flyer, if we caught the first bus out on saturday morning at 510am or so, which schedules to arrive at 545am, is that enough time to checkin and get through security at the airport? I'm really trying to avoid being forced to take cabs from the Airport to the Port of Miami, Port to South Beach and South Beach to Airport - all these great public transportation options and none seem available to a cruiser with a one day layover.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
1. Re: 1 day/night in SoBe - where to stay and what to do

B>

The ongoing debate about public and private transit is sometimes worse in Florida if it is hot and humid and rainy... When are you here???

Hotel rates here are SEASONAL - so check out Albion, Crest, Cadet and Catalina for budget-friendly options or consider doing a private rental via airbnb.com using post code 33139 for South Beach.

If you can carry your bags from the ship all the way to Us-1, you can hop a beach bound bus. Please note that your wife may not consider lugging suitcases in the red hot Florida sun a vacation highlight!

Not all hotels are strict about check in time, but many will hold your bags in a locked room if you can't check in right away... remember to pack a beach tote when you get off the ship that you can use as a day bag.

The Airport Flyer Bus is a good option for SoBe travel but taxis tend to be where you want them WHEN you want them and a bus can be late... if you can get up early - give it a shot!!!

AG

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 7
2. Re: 1 day/night in SoBe - where to stay and what to do

Re, south beach to airport, definitely use a taxi. The airport can be surprisingly crowded early AM, and you don't want that tension. It can also take 20 mins just to get from the bus stop at the RCC to your terminal. The taxi fare is a fixed $32+tip. From the port also a taxi is best for reasons mentioned by AG. Figure about $25 for that.

Re. hotel, look at the Century for a decent hotel with good rates.

Florence, Kentucky
reviews: 53
3. Re: 1 day/night in SoBe - where to stay and what to do

We'll be there on February 28, flying out at 7am on Saturday morning. My wife isn't too particular on where to stay - by the airport, downtown or on south beath, only that we walk around South Beach during the day, shop Collins and Lincoln Road, get some good Cuban/Caribbean food. We aren't the all-night partiers. I am just trying to avoid paying 3 or 4 taxis throughout the day. Is there a bus that goes over the Causeway to South Beach from downtown?

4. Re: 1 day/night in SoBe - where to stay and what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 19, 2015