We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Cabana Miami Beach

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 15
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach

Hi

We are a family of 5 thinking about booking into this brand new hotel in Jan 2014.

How is the surrounding like? Is it a bit far away from the action? is it easy to get around to Linclon Road and south Beach?

Are there many restaurants around the hotel? we have 4 nights before the Caribbean cruise from Fort Launderdale. We plan to check out of the hotel and head straight to the Cruise on the day. How long is the taxi ride from Miami beach to Port Evergreen on Sunday morning? Or should we stay one night in Fort Launderdale?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

5 replies to this topic
m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 6
1. Re: Hilton Cabana Miami Beach

That's up around 62 Street, a good 4 miles+ north of south beach. Figure a $20 taxi ride each time you need to get to south beach, so no, not terribly close or convenient, unless you plan to visit south beach infrequently. There's also a public bus for $2.25 per person. The hotel isn't open, so no real first-hand reviews yet (it is an older building, though probably nicely renovated by Hilton). The area is mostly high-rise condo buildings, and the beach. There are several restaurants about a half mile to a mile north from there.

Taxi ride to Port Everglades should take about 45 minutes and about $70. I would not check out the night before, it's pretty easy to get a taxi most times and not that far.

Perth, Australia
2. Re: Hilton Cabana Miami Beach

Thanks rk2005!

Another option is to stay in Casablanca suite on South Beach.

The two bedroom suite will accommodate 5 of us.

But I am concern about some negative reviews on Casablanca.

Could you please share your opinion on this hotel/apartment?

Thanks!

Perth, Australia
3. Re: Hilton Cabana Miami Beach

Sorry,

I meant "Casanova Suite" in previous post.

reviews: 5
4. Re: Hilton Cabana Miami Beach

We stayed there last thur and Friday, nice hotel, a bit from the action, great beach, 5 to 10 min ride to Lincoln st or south beach, cab probably good as parking is a problem on south beach. Convenient store 1/2 block from hotel. Staff at hotel eager to please. I would stay there again.

Mark Kubes

reviews: 5
5. Re: Hilton Cabana Miami Beach

Hotel opened last thursday

Reply to: Hilton Cabana Miami Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted