We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question/Comment for AG

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort lauderdale
reviews: 30
Question/Comment for AG

Hey AG,

Hope you are doing well. I am getting so impatient for my upcoming trip, its keeping me up at night lol 2 weeks to go!!!!

I just have a question and a comment.

First the comment, Ive been reading your posts for as long as you have been a member and love them dearly but I don't think you have ever mentioned one of my favorite places in Sobe which is The SMoothie Shop on Washington Ave. Have you ever had a smoothie there? I went last year after seeing it on the Foodnetwork on 40$ a day and fell in love. I can already taste my drnk now that I am thinking about it lol If you haven't tried it, you must!

Now the question, my brother and cousins who I am coming down with are huge fans of Miami Ink, is the hype of the tattoo parlor big or has it slowed down? Have you been by there lately? Do you think we need a huge advance reservation "IF" we decide to get a tattoo? Basically I am asking....do you have a scoop on it? lol

Thanks a bunch...15 days to go!!

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
1. Re: Question/Comment for AG

Ciao Bella>

Where on Washington is the Smoothie Shop? Sound great!!

A few things -

First, Miami Ink's Tattoo Shop is actually on Washington Avenue about 5 blocks south of Lincoln Road. There has been some chat on this site about visitors hoping to get tattoos there and the cost being VERY high. That said, perhaps you can contact them directly and find out about actually being featured on the show. I did some investigating locally as someone just mentioned (after too many cocktails) "knowing the producer..."

I don't know about Montreal, but in Miami, sometimes weekend liquor makes for tall tales that get forgotten Monday morning. I can give you the info to contact someone from the show and perhaps a good story may open the door. It's worth a try.

Try this link:

http://application-miami-ink.com/

and also call directly here: 786-276-5222

We were eating at Big Pink a while back on South Beach and Ami was having lunch there with friends. He is often out and about on South Beach - seems to be a nice guy enjoying his success. This means he was with a VERY tall, VERY slim, VERY blonde, VERY young model-looking girl and some other tattooed guys ...

More info:

…discovery.com/fansites/…miami-ink.html

www.podcastdirectory.com/podcasts/index.php…

If things do not work out for your brother and cousins to get tattoos, check out the men's department at the Macy*s on Lincoln and Meridian Ave. They sell the brand new tattoo tee shirt collection designed by the guys from Miami Ink! I saw dragons and skulls and a few others.

I have to say - a tattoo tee is a lot less money and A LOT less painful than the real thing. If you want to buy them in advance as a surprise gift for the trip,

http://www.wackyplanet.com/miami-ink.html

Hang in there - your vacation is coming up SOON!!!

AG

Fort lauderdale
2. Re: Question/Comment for AG

Thanks for the info!!! If I see you in public please don't be afraid if I say hi :)

Heres the info for the Smoothie Shop (if you like Peanut Butter, have the pb smoothie, too die for)

The Smoothie Shop

1229 Washington Ave.

Miami Beach, FL 33139

Tel: (305) 531-5633

Please let me know if you go and tell me what you think!!

audreypt@hotmail.com

New York City, New...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Question/Comment for AG

Audrey,

Miami Ink actually had open "casting" for the new season in April. They request a story if you want to be featured on the show. They may be filming now or they may be done. When they are not filming you won't find Chris Garver or Cat VonD at the shop. They actually live in California. Not sure about Ami or Chris Nunez.

When I was in Miami in March I walked but the shop on the way back from Espinola Way and noticed that only Darren and another person not featured on the show was working. There were a few onlookers, including the hubby and me. I will be in Miami on Tuesday. I plan on looking in on the way up to Espinola Way and Lincoln Road. I'll let you know if filming is going on or if any of the TV regulars are gonna be there.

Mama

Fort lauderdale
4. Re: Question/Comment for AG

Thanks for going to check it out. What is funny is that last summer we passed by the studio but didnt know anything about them. When we got back home in Montreal, we got into the show and kicked ourselves for not taking a picture or popping in lol

I have a huge crush on Chris Nunez so I am hoping to atleast get a peek at him :)

New York City, New...
reviews: 5
5. Re: Question/Comment for AG

I love Chris too!! But we won't tell the hubby that ;-)