We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

live music for 18 yr old w/ parents?

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
live music for 18 yr old w/ parents?

We're travelling to south beach with our 18-year-old daughter. We're staying at The Congress Hotel and won't have a car. We'll be there for 4 nights and plan to see a few sights around Miami, including Little Havana & Vizcaya,. But we plan to stay mainly on South Beach.

However, we are also interested in where to go to hear live music without going to a bar since she is 18. Are there restaurants or other venues with live bands so we can enjoy Latin music? We'll be there in the next two weeks.

Also, do any pool bars (like at Clevelander) serve food, allowing an 18-year-old in during the day?

We're from Louisiana and our law says an 18-year-old can go in a bar and can drink if with their parents. She's not a regular drinker, but she does like to take a sip of my margarita from time to time!

We'd just like to go where my husband and I can have drinks and we can all listen to good music.

Thanks in advance...

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 106
1. Re: live music for 18 yr old w/ parents?

I'm pretty sure that you won't be allowed to drink in FLA until over 21 and with valid ID - but you may wish to look at Mango's on the web - it's got music and lots of dancing and it's a bit of fun . Theres quite a few restaurants / bars on Ocean drive with live music on - it's worth a walk up and down and see what takes your fancy. Clevelanders great for people watching - check whats on in terms of live music on their website.

New Orleans...
2. Re: live music for 18 yr old w/ parents?

Thanks for the info! We're not trying to get around the rules for her to drink. I just wondered which restaurants had live music and if any bars served food and had live music during the day or early evening and allowed those under 21 to get in. I did see that Mango's allowed those under 21 in before 6 pm, so we will likely try that.

Thanks for the tip!

Edited: 8:58 am, June 23, 2013
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
3. Re: live music for 18 yr old w/ parents?

Hi Cat!

You do not post your trip dates (which makes it easier to advise )...

but the Congress is right in the heart of the Art Deco district so you'll find lots to do! As you mention, any place serving food and drink will be OK to visit with your family (including patio tables at the Clevelander) and while they don't serve anyone under 21 legally, you and your daughter should find lots of fun.

Here are my tips:

Take your daughter to TapTap restaurant on 5th Street for Caribbean food (great mojtos for the parents) and live music starting Thursdays at 8ish. You can call the restaurant to confirm the band when you arrive.

Check out the rooftop pool and bar at the Dream hotel for light bites and drinks.

Visit the 2nd floor of a restaurant called Yuca on Lincoln Road for drinks and family friendly salsa classes that turn into a Latin party - more at www.salsamia.com

Visit Monty's at the Marina weeknights at 4pm-7pm for happy hour prices and a "Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville" atmosphere. The place has music, a public swimming pool on site and is by the marina so lots of fun.

There is live music nightly at the second floor of Van Dyke Cafe on Lincoln as well. Check the website to see what is happening during your visit.

My guide to ALL the rest - www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

Happy Hours

southbeach-usa.com/news/dining/happy-hours-m…

A shuttle bus takes you everywhere for a quarter

PRINT these - southbeach-usa.com/maps/miami-beach-maps.htm

more activities www.miamivacations.org

Enjoy!

AG

4. Re: live music for 18 yr old w/ parents?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 25, 2014