We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West to Miami

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orland, In
Key West to Miami

I have a couple of questions:

First, I'm one in a party of three girls that are going to be staying in Key West, then driving up to Miami to spend one afternoon/evening before heading over to the gulf side. Our problem is that we won't have a hotel room in Miami to get ready for dinner etc. We will be leaving Key West in the morning, and then spending the day sight seeing enjoying the drive. So, we will want to get freshened up and change before our dinner. So, I didn't know if anyone on here would have any good ideas? Would there be a place to go or do we need to resort to going to a salon or somewhere to get our hair done and change? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We will be down there coming up in March.

My second question, do any of you have a good suggestion for a fun night out, including dinner and just getting the feel of Miami? We will be in SOBE on a Tuesday afternoon/evening. We are not huge partiers or night club goers. Just looking to get some of the fun and vibe of SOBE without being ogled!

Thanks so much to any who take the time to answer!! It's greatly appreciated!

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
1. Re: Key West to Miami

nfaith>

Read this

southbeach-usa.com/scene/scene1/boardwalk/mi…

You are driving from Key West to South Beach and on to the Gulf in a single day?

Wow. That is a LOT for one day...

My guide to the Upper Keys is here

www.tinyurl.com/KEYDRIVE-AG

If you drive to South Beach, you could visit Monty's at the Marina at sunset (300 Alton Road just south of 395 - Tuesday Happy Hour starts at 4pm and there is a pool on site).

www.montyssobe.com/happyhour

When you return from your adventures you could stop at SoFi Salon next door...

www.sofisalon.com

Also note that you need to secure EVERYTHING inside your trunk and not in the passenger part of the car to avoid tempting theft WHEREVER you park - it is better to be SAFE than SORRY.

AG

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 82
2. Re: Key West to Miami

AG has some good suggestions. However it is a 4 hour drive from Key West without stopping then another 3 hours to the gulf coast. More if head to Tampa / Clearwater / St. Pete areas. You may want to consider getting a hotel room for the night. At Montys as long as you are dining there or at least getting apps and drinks you can use the pool and changing areas.

Orland, In
3. Re: Key West to Miami

I know that it's a lot of driving but we have a weekly rental to get back to so we don't want to do another hotel night. We are driving to fort Myers so I think it will only be a couple of hours. We only have relaxing on the beach as our job the rest of the week so we should be ok!

Thanks for the tips, keep em coming if anyone has any others!

Naomi

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 82
4. Re: Key West to Miami

There's plenty to do on South Beach, shops, bars and restaurants, you won't have any trouble finding things to do in Miami. As for driving to FM if you head north to Ft. Lauderdale then take I-75 over its 2 hours just to Naples and about 45 min more to Ft. Myers. This would be the safer route to take. The route across US 41 can be dangerous in the daytime and more so at night and altho its right out of Miami is futher by mileage and will take longer. Look at www.mapquest.com to help with routes, etc.

Sounds like a fun vacation. Enjoy!

Orland, In
5. Re: Key West to Miami

Why is the other route dangerous? We thought it looked more like the scenic route. I will take care your word for it, but curiosity prevails :)

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 6
6. Re: Key West to Miami

it is more scenic, but you won't see anything after dark. Re. danger, you have the usual differences between a two lane hwy vs a four-lane divided Interstate - oncoming traffic, slow drivers, cross roads, animals crossing etc.

7. Re: Key West to Miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 21, 2014