We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to South Beach for the weekend with my husband and...

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfield, CT
reviews: 1
Heading to South Beach for the weekend with my husband and...

Any suggestions for fun, trendy restaraunts? Is Washington Street considered the "strip" where we can find most of the restaraunts. We are staying at the Ritz but I think we want to venture out for dinner.

Kentucky
reviews: 6
1. Re: Heading to South Beach for the weekend with my husband and...

We really enjoyed Joe's Stone Crab! It is certainly not a new restaurant, but consistently good.

Miami
reviews: 4
2. Re: Heading to South Beach for the weekend with my husband and...

The Tides is nice

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
reviews: 7
3. Re: Heading to South Beach for the weekend with my husband and...

For the most part, Washington Street is where many of the night clubs and unusual shops are found - as well as local less expensive restaurants. We find it a little seedier than say Collins or Lincoln Road.

South Beach restaurants we enjoy include Wish at 8th and Collins inside The Hotel. Wish has a great menu and enjoyable outdoor seating. They also have a very cool roof-top lounge this is open on weekends when weather is permitting. Nemo at 1st and Collins also has great food and a romantic outdoor patio setting (as well as indoor). Although a chain, China Grill also has great food. Both Wish and Nemo are quiet restaurants where as several other *hot* spots are considered part club and part restaurant. As the night gets later, the music gets louder and the place turns into a night club. Touch, Nabo and the Blue Door might be in that category. If you like sushi, Sushi Rock SoBe (or something like that) on Collins is outstanding. For lunch, several restaurants on Ocean Drive are great as it's across from the beach and therefore very casual at that time of the day. Lincoln Road also has many great spots for lunch and a few for dinner. One thing is for certain, you are correct that you want to venture out for your meals for there are many great spots and it hard to experience SoBe from the Ritz. (If you are into breakfast, there is a small French bakery on Collins just south of the Ritz and a little farther is Jerry's Famous Deli which also has great breakfasts and deserts.)

Kentucky
reviews: 6
4. Re: Heading to South Beach for the weekend with my husband and...

I second Jerry's famous deli!