We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 night's hotel stay

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kentwood
7 night's hotel stay

I am coming to Miami for a weeks vac. I am struggling with where to stay. I would love to stay in Miami Beach, but I would like to spend no more than $100 a night. I will have a rental car, for I am flying into FLL.

I will be traveling solo, safety of location is important. I am a white male ( not tanning before I arrive ) in my middle 40's. I have no problem staying in Miami, would prefer the beach setting. Any feedback would be appreciated. I am arriving on the 20th of Dec. for 7 nights. Maybe I should book a couple different hotels???

Thanks

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 92
1. Re: 7 night's hotel stay

I would recommend that you look at Sunny Isles Beach ( North Miami beach) - it's got hotels within your price range, very safe, on the beach, plenty to do and good access to South Beach by public transport (if you didn't want to drive) If you want more action South Beach is the place and there will be lots of quality advice available here.

kentwood
2. Re: 7 night's hotel stay

Thank You for the recommendation of Sunny Isles Beach. It looks very nice.

I'm not really a "Night Club" person, wouldn't mind checking it out.

kentwood
3. Re: 7 night's hotel stay

I have a "hold" on a reservation at the Habitat Residence ( Place ) for my 7 days @ $700.00 for the week. What do you "TA Community" think??? Good deal , look for something better??

TO: Advisor Girl. Would I get by without a car staying at the above mentioned hotel. I would of liked to be on / near the beach.... the cost is more than I'm willing to pay. Any feedback is welcomed.

Thanks

Nottingham, United...
4. Re: 7 night's hotel stay

you would need to factor in getting from and too fll and getting too and from the beach plus I think there is a one off cleaning fee? Its nice if u want to be downtown.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
5. Re: 7 night's hotel stay

Good Morning Willy,

Martin is absolutely right - Habitat is too far from the sea.

I'd pick that for a city location or for cruise passengers ...but you started this thread saying you would LOVE staying on Miami Beach (Sunny Isles is North Miami Beach starting at 163rd Street and South Beach is the other end of Miami Beach from 1-23).

Sunny Isles Beach is a good idea because there is ample FREE transportation (Sunny Isles Shuttle) and some hotels cost less money than South Beach. You can forget the rental car and hop on the GO shuttle outside baggage claim at FLL so you'll save on transportation (plus gas, insurance and PARKING every night) and put that budget toward more FUN in the SUN.

I've just looked online for you and entered your dates and got a bunch of good options for you to consider both on South Beach and up in Sunny Isles. I'll detail them via the PM you sent me last night so you can get first crack.

BTW - on South Beach the city shuttle costs a QUARTER. Either way I'd make your budget work by cutting out the car.

PRINT THESE:

southbeach-usa.com/maps/miami-beach-maps.htm

My guide to fun & budget friendly food & drinks

www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

AG

Nottingham, United...
6. Re: 7 night's hotel stay

wow - that is some service AG has given - exactly why TA is such a fantastic place in Miami.

kentwood
7. Re: 7 night's hotel stay

Thanks Martin for the advice!! Your input does help those so far away from there destination make better decisions.

kentwood
8. Re: 7 night's hotel stay

Your the "Bomb" AG!!!

I will follow you anywhere in Miami!

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
9. Re: 7 night's hotel stay

W>

Check the site I sent you and see which hotels seem best. I didn't want to post them here on the forum because the site says some hotels only have one or two rooms left during Christmas and you'll end up with nothing. PLEASE read reviews for all these hotels on TripAdvisor because at $100 a night you're bound to find some flaws and only YOU know what you can live with in terms of limited luxuries and overall quality.

Let us know if you have Q's and if it all works out!

AG

kentwood
10. Re: 7 night's hotel stay

I'm all set for my trip, staying at the freehand in a coed quad room. Go Shuttle service to and from FLL.

I plan on going to the Fin's / Bill's game on Sunday 12/23. Has anyone had the experience of purchasing tickets outside of the stadium. I realize its a crap shoot, being by myself, I think it would allow me to pay less for a ticket than what the brokers want to charge for the extra fee's. Same situation on Christmas, going to try and get a ticket for the Heat / OK game.