We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Near Port of Miami??

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Fe
reviews: 43
Car Rental Near Port of Miami??

We will be taking a cruise from the Port of Miami and when we return we would like to rent a car and go to Pennekamp for the day...are there any car rental places near the port or at the port?

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 7
1. Re: Car Rental Near Port of Miami??

I will fill in until someone more knowledgeable gives you a definitive answer:

I don't think there is a car rental place at the port. Your best option is to use the shuttle provided by one of the rental companies either to the airport or downtown locations. I believe Alamo, Hertz and National provide shuttles, and probably some others. You should confirm this by calling the particular company you plan to rent from (call their local #, not the nationwide 800 number).

Santa Fe
2. Re: Car Rental Near Port of Miami??

Thanks for your reply rk!

I was looking into the shuttle service and it looks like it is available through most companies, but they mostly all say that they only provide the service within 15 minutes from their location. Do you think the hotel Eden Roc or Fontainebleau are within 15 minutes from port? Hertz has offices at these 2 locations.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 7
3. Re: Car Rental Near Port of Miami??

I am a bit confused. I would expect the shuttle to go between (e.g.) the car rental center at the cruise port, regardless of the time taken (which depends on traffic a bit).Or between the port and some specific rental office downtown.

Re. Fontainebleau/Eden Roc car rental office, I did not know there was a shuttle from the cruise port to there. It should be about a 15 to 25 min drive most times.

Edit: Rather than going to Eden Roc or Fontainbleau, you're best off taking the shuttle to the airport where you will fiond more car choices and (usually, not always) lower rates.

Edited: 7:13 pm, June 04, 2012
Santa Fe
4. Re: Car Rental Near Port of Miami??

I was able to find a Budget office that is really close to the port and it looks like they have a shuttle from the port to their office.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
5. Re: Car Rental Near Port of Miami??

NayaSantaFe - did you use the Budget Shuttle? How was it? Any insight?

There seems to be very little info about car rental tips from this port!

Thanks

Santa Fe
6. Re: Car Rental Near Port of Miami??

D A:

I actually ended up using Hertz because their rates were better than Budget.

They also have a shuttle that runs every 30 min from the port to there office. There service was great! I would definitely recommend them.

Here's their info:

Port of Miami

229 Southeast 2nd Street

Miami, FL, US

Location Type: Corporate

Hours of Operation: Mo 0700-1600, Tu-Th 0800-1600, Fr-Su 0700-1600

Phone Number: 786-425-2515

Fax Number: 786-425-3195

Hope this helps!

7. Re: Car Rental Near Port of Miami??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 08, 2014