We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roney Palace Condo

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
reviews: 2
Roney Palace Condo

hi-

anyone have the experience of staying here? I'm considering renting a condo from a private owner, for 6 nights in February. The pics of the condo look nice, and the price is good ($100 per night, including valet). What I'm wondering about is the overall condition of the hotel, types of people who hang out there, and level of service. Reviews on the hotel review section of the website are scant.

thanx for your input :)

-Tzali

probably stuck in...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Roney Palace Condo

I used to live in the Roney. Location and price are very good. I would ask the owner if renovations are going to be complete by then. When I was in town in May, the Roney was pretty torn up. South tower balconies had all been taken down. They have been very bad in the past as far as keeping repairs on schedule. Seems as if it has been under continuous repair since '95.

As far as the condition:

The rooms are very big. Views to the south are great. ventilation is poor-you will smell what your neighbors are cooking or smoking. Residents are generally well behaved, lots of flight attendants. Usually very quiet. The hotel is especially popular with South Americans, and the staff caters to them. Many come with the whole family for extended stays. Service was average, but improves if you speak spanish.

If you expect a five star experience, you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a large, self-service condo in a good location for not much money, then this is your place.

Queens, NY
2. Re: Roney Palace Condo

When I was there in July staying at the Holiday Inn (next door) the Roney Palace was closed & under construction. Make sure that's all finished. I know construction can go quick once they get cracking, but it looked pretty bad in July.