We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport shuttle Miami International

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belgium
Airport shuttle Miami International

Hello

I am about to book a hotel in South Beach. I have heard of this aiport shuttle leaving from Miami airport. Whjere can I find it when I arrive, what is the price and what are its destinations ?

Because I think taking a cab will set you back more ?

Englewood Cliffs...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Airport shuttle Miami International

While I am not answering your question, we took a cab from Miami to the Loews at SoBe. Cost was $28 for 2 people with 4 bags. Cost for Taxis are based on Zones. I believe this zone was the cheapest of the groupings in SoBe.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
reviews: 7
2. Re: Airport shuttle Miami International

There is a shuttle called SuperShuttle. They are in many airports around USA and are easily identified by their blue bus. If it's just a few of you, they charge by the person some $14 or $16 per person depending upon where in South Beach you are going. They wait until the bus is fairly full (may take a while) or make several stops in the airport until the bus is full and then they head out the the general direction of everyone and drop them off one-by-one. If you are the first one on the bus and last one to be dropped off, you'll be on the bus for a while (but you will see more of Miami Beach :) ). If you have a large party, you can call or e-mail ahead and reserve a full bus for less money. The bus is picked up in the same general area as the taxi cabs (see below).

However as mentioned earlier, you may seriously consider taking a taxi cab instead if you have a party of two or more. A taxi cab ride to anywhere in South Beach if fixed at $28 plus tip, regardless of the number of passangers and luggage. In fact, if you have a ton of luggage, you can request a minivan that easily carries four passangers and a ton of luggage, all for $28! It may take a few extra minutes to wait for a miinvan, but a great option for a larger party. Its' one of the best deals in Miami!

If you are arriving on an international flight, then I'm not sure where the taxi stand is realitive to baggage claim. If you arrive on a domestic flight, the taxi stand is just outside the door at baggage claim. There is usually a very nice man helping match taxi cabs with riders. Tell him where you want to go and if you want a minivan. He will call the cab, tell him where you're going, and you are on your way. Know that the taxi man at the airport isn't allowed to take tips (it will be the last time someone isn't expecting a tip until you see him again when you fly home :) ).

Have a great time in SoBe!

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 1
3. Re: Airport shuttle Miami International

I'm staying in SoBe Saturday night (one night pre-cruise) and I was thinking of taking the Super Shuttle to my hotel. Can you just show up and use them? Or do you need to have a reservation ahead of time?

Cindy

Miami
4. Re: Airport shuttle Miami International

South Beach Group Hotels offer free airport shuttle to/from MIA. All of there hotels are located in the heart of South Beach -- www.southbeachgroup.com

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 1
5. Re: Airport shuttle Miami International

Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. I'm already booked to stay at the Royal Palm. (Great deal on Priceline.) Thanks, though!

Newtown, PA
reviews: 17
6. Re: Airport shuttle Miami International

Here's another vote for the grabbing a taxicab. I've used shuttles before and one time the shuttle I used wasn't available so we took a cab and the price was the same. The cabbie also noted our return time and picked us up at our hotel for the return trip. Shuttles aren't cheaper!

reviews: 11
7. Re: Airport shuttle Miami International

The free hotel offered to those staying at the South Beach Group Hotels rarely shows up. We waited a very long time for the shuttle, called the hotel, waited longer, and still needed to take a cab. This happens all the time to everyone we talked to. Don't depend on this service.