We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping Advice

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Shopping Advice

I've read on a few other boards that there are some quaint little street vendors with cheap swimsuits in south beach. I was wondering if this is true, and are they only out on certain days. I'll be in SoBe this Wednesday and I have a fetish for swimsuits. Please fill me in!! Also what kind of shopping does Lincoln Road offer?

Sunny Isles Beach...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Shopping Advice

Linclin Road has great shopping and it's especially fun on a weekend to go and have a meal at an outdoor cafe there too. All the usual mall shops but many local color ones too. Lower Collins also has wonderful shopping (7th, 8th, 9th Streets). The only street vendors I've seen selling swimsuits were at the 71st Street Saturday morning open air market (about 5 or 6 blocks west of Collins at a circle mall near the fountains), and only on Saturdays. Here is a link to help you: http://www.southbeach-usa.com/shopping.htm I've always had good luck with swimsuits at The Bikini Shop, but it's a little bit of a schlep from SoBe, in North Miami Beach, but closeby if you venture up to the Bal Harbour Shops, probably the most upscale shopping area in Miami. One of my neighbors sells Brasilian Bikinis...her firm is called Latin SurfingInternational...<melicookie@hotmail.com> or (305) 300-7095.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
reviews: 7
2. Re: Shopping Advice

The only place I've seen street vendors selling any clothing items was one evening on Espanola Way and they were all gone the following morning so maybe it's only one night a week (and I can't remember the night - but we did buy several cute things for my wife)

There are tons of shops that have suits at very reasonable prices. The quaility is sometime poor but more often average or better than average. My wife has bought several suits at Wings at Collins and Lincoln as they have a great selection of seperates and she can buy only the bottom being it's South Beach :). We have also found customer service at Wings very good.

Miami Beach, FL
3. Re: Shopping Advice

I've never seen street vendors with bikinis...but if you find them PLEASE post again and let me know!!!! I am a bikini junkie too!!!!

:)