We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami South Beach - things to do

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Miami South Beach - things to do

Hi all. I will be visiting Miami for a few days in April and we're staying at the Marriott South Beach. We're travelling with a group and there are already a few excursions planned which we can't change (trip to Aventura Mall, Gator Park adventure, Cuban heritage tour, boat trip), but we will have a couple of afternoons where we have some free time away from the group to do what we like. I don't know how much time (I would imagine maybe 3-5 hours) but I wondered if anyone could help with any "must see/do" activities we should take a look at?

Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 130
1. Re: Miami South Beach - things to do

Will you have a car ?

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 7
2. Re: Miami South Beach - things to do

In no particular order, I recommend some or all of these:

Ocean Drive/Lummus Park/Art Deco architecture.

Lincoln Road Mall

The beach

South Pointe Park (esp after 4:30 PM to watch the cruise ships depart, then stay for the sunset).

Scotland
3. Re: Miami South Beach - things to do

Thanks folks - won't have a car so preferably someplace e can walk to or get taxi to.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 106
4. Re: Miami South Beach - things to do

Catch the S Downtown Bus - get off at Lincoln Road Mall and do exactly what RK says - once you are there you can walk ocean drive and see how comfortable you feel - where you want to head - my bet is you will find somewhere to suit and enjoy it.

Otherwise - you could try the Hop on off Bus tour - ask your concierge and see Miami Beach and Miami - but that is a 5 hour trip if you want to see a fair bit.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 7
5. Re: Miami South Beach - things to do

Martin, good advice :) but I think the OP is staying at the Marriott south beach, not downtown, so they can either walk to Ocean Drive or use the 25c local bus to get to Lincoln Rd Mall. No need for the S bus unless they want to travel to Bayside or similar places downtown.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 106
6. Re: Miami South Beach - things to do

Apologies I thought it was much further North .... However the S bus will be OK for Aventura (blushes!)

Scotland
7. Re: Miami South Beach - things to do

Fab, thanks guys! :)

8. Re: Miami South Beach - things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 26, 2014