We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! 1st time in South Beach

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
reviews: 1
Help! 1st time in South Beach

Hi,

I am planning my brothers bachelor party, I've chosen South Beach....just need to be put on the right track. Were 8 males aged 28-30.

We will be attending the Miami Heat vs Boston Celtics Game April 12th, 2013. Hanging out at South Beach, Bars, Ocean Drive etc.

We need help picking a hotel that is on - south beach or Miami beach? Don't know the exact difference, also the boys prefer oceanfront.

Is COLLINS Avenue 1 block in from the beach?

So far I've narrowed down to

W South Beach

Setai

Fountain Bleu

Edon Roc Marriot

Delano

OR UP FOR SUGGESTIONS

We want to be close to nightclubs and the flash and dash.

Im I on the right track? Also we'd like to go clubbing at the mainstream clubs and any cool ROOF Top bars/lounges or day parties?

stag/bachelor party- strip clubs? closest to south beach...not to far out into the city/crime areas

Any other big must DO/SEE on south beach? You'd recommend?

Thanks!!

Vancouver
11. Re: Help! 1st time in South Beach

Thank you!!

Also where is exactly the public beach the actual "south beach"

I understand that a lot of hotels have there own "ocean front"

But where exactly is the actual public beach where everyone hangs out at.

What hotel would i have to book, to have it directly in front of the public beach? OCEAN DRIVE?

Wheat Ridge...
reviews: 4
12. Re: Help! 1st time in South Beach

The entire beach is public. No hotel on south beach has any part of the beach blocked off.

Vegas and South Beach are our two favorite spots. South Beach is crazy expensive compared to Vegas. That's just part if the deal. Many of the rooms are quite small, too. How many rooms are you considering? You might try vrbo.com for a private rental. Many font allow parties, though.

Clevelander is party central. Near the beach and definitely in the thick of things.

The hotels on ocean drive are across ocean drive from Lummus Park and then the beach. If you need something cheaper try the hotels back on Washington.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 6
13. Re: Help! 1st time in South Beach

As Wheatie said, no part of the beach is blocked off, so even if your hotel is not on the beach, you can still walk to any part of the beach behind any other hotel. The beach runs from south to north for over 10 miles. The southernmost 2.5 miles (south of 23 street) is known as south beach.

If you wanted your hotel to be directly on the beach (i.e. beach at their back) then pick a hotel with and odd-numbered address between 1501 and 2401 Collins Ave, or an odd-numbered address between 1 and 499 Ocean Drive. Many other hotels are within a block or two and may still be good choices.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 104
14. Re: Help! 1st time in South Beach

I would seriously look at the Clevelander - I'm sure you would enjoy it .

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 11
15. Re: Help! 1st time in South Beach

Hey youngbuck83-

Im actually in the same boat- We're gonna be a group of 8 girls in Miami for a bachelorette party that same weekend (I'm the MoH) and still trying to come up with ideas for things to do that weekend.. Have you had any luck finding things to do while youre there? Pool parties, rooftop, clubs etc?

Thanks for any help! :)

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
16. Re: Help! 1st time in South Beach

ppp>

southbeach-usa.com/scene/scene1/pool-parties…

Clubs and Pool Parties are announced about a week in advance so don't book anything yet

southbeach-usa.com/clubs/south-beach-clubs.h…

This site has a search engine for clubs -

www.wantickets.com/events/default.aspx…

AG

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 11
17. Re: Help! 1st time in South Beach

Thanks AG!!

Vancouver
18. Re: Help! 1st time in South Beach

@ ppp333.....sent you a message. Check your inbox.

Yes were going to rent jetski's, Miami Heat Game on Friday the 12th, RX pool party at shellborne, nikki beach, Pool parties at the perry roof top. Bunch of stuff planned.

What hotel are you girls staying at?

19. Re: Help! 1st time in South Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 25, 2014