We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight at the airport

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
Overnight at the airport

I am thinking of buying a ticket that forces me to wait all night for my correspondant flight. Can I stay at the airport all night in Fort Lauderdale or Miami? How safe is that?

FL
reviews: 6
1. Re: Overnight at the airport

in miami it's common and safe. In fort lauderdale, I think the terminal may close between 2am and 5am, literally no one around during those times. Miami always has people around.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 61
2. Re: Overnight at the airport

We had to spend a night in Miami airport once when our flight was delayed by 23 hours. It was not a nice experience. It was cold, the seats were hard and uncomfortable, very little was open to buy any food or drinks and every 15 mins the time was announced over the tannoy, making any attempt to sleep impossible! I would say it is safe...just not very pleasant. There is a hotel actually in the airport but it does not have very good reviews on TA. I can't remember what it is called but it could be MIA Hotel?

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 6
3. Re: Overnight at the airport

It's the "Miami International Airport Hotel". You can read reviews here:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34438-d87084-R…

4. Re: Overnight at the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 08, 2014