We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Web site Kayak

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Web site Kayak

Has anyone used Kayak for booking flights etc. I want to know if they are legit

Thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
1. Re: Web site Kayak

You don't book on Kayak- you find the flights there and it connects you to an airline site or a third party booking agency that is displaying the price to actually book your ticket. I use Kayak all the time to search flight prices , however I would only book a flight through a connection to the actual airlines site. There are too many complaints about dodgy third party booking sites like edreams that use Kayak to attract business and then the passengers have all kinds of trouble with customer service or hidden charges. So if you find a good price that is actually offered by the airline, I would accept the link and book it only that way.

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Web site Kayak

Thanks for info. lulutoo........I have looked this morning and the 3 sites are Kayak, Orbitz and cheaptickets......the Kayak took me straight to a booking site with Aeagean Airlines but now I dont know if I am booking with Kayak or A. Airlines.

Do you think it has gone through directly to the airline?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
3. Re: Web site Kayak

It sounds to me like it did... Kakak cannot book tickets themselves- I would definitely not book with cheaptickets. Complaints all over the Forum about them. I have used Orbitz on the rare occasion when I wanted to use two different airlines for outbound and return and I had no problems. Bu t in looking at the website address in the bar above the booking page you should be able to see if it the actual Aegean Airlines URL if you are unsure. Maybe you'll want to ask another post about Aegeans reliability as an airline in general- I'm not sure about some of the carriers that serve Greece in light of their national fiscal problems, but i have no personal knowledge of them.

Toronto, Canada
4. Re: Web site Kayak

Thanks lulu too for your help

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 104
5. Re: Web site Kayak

I always check prices with Kayak - and I look at the companies that sell the tickets, you can get great deals and I have never had any problems (touch wood) What I tend to do - once I have bought the tickets I log onto the airlines web site and ensure that I can chose seats etc. If you are booked through a third party sometimes you can't do this. At that point I contact the airline as a back up and they re-assign a code that allows you access to online facilities. That way you have cunningly checked that you are ticketed and on the flight ;-)

Woodbridge, New...
reviews: 40
6. Re: Web site Kayak

Just booked a car rental through Kayak. They got me a great price with Budget rent a car. I called to confirm the car rental and everything is a go. Great site. Saved $160.00 booking through them.

Ocean City, New...
reviews: 66
7. Re: Web site Kayak

Won't use the site for booking another trip or hotel again. Hidden fees! I booked a great hotel in MD for the

Easter weekend for our family. The rate we received was great in comparison to shopping around many hotels via the top TripAdvisor ratings. Paid in advance online and checked in with ease, but at checkout time I was hit with extra person fees. Unreal. Never will use again nor do I recommend using this site. I would like my money back but that won't happen, I'm sure.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 104
8. Re: Web site Kayak

You need to check with Kayak . Check the ino sent. i have booked deals cheap knowing I wasn't paying a resort fee so didn't have b fast and beach chairs etc...

Ocean City, New...
reviews: 66
9. Re: Web site Kayak

Turns out the booking was just as Martin D and Lulutoo stated in previous posting... Kayak finds the other sites deals for you. The booking I chose was actually through Travelocity!!! I am still quite surprised to have been hit with the hidden fees. I have used Hotels.com many times prior to this and always knew what I was getting - flat rate no secrets. Bookit.com is great too.

ps. In calling the 1-800 # for Travelocity - another shocker (not) is no answer as you are put on hold with loud music.

Chalk it up on this one.

10. Re: Web site Kayak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 03, 2014