We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hi

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
hi

Hi, All that I need is a small place of my own near the VA Hospital. Were the realter pays for all of the utilities.I am a disabled veteran whose 100 % disabled.I make a little money so I can't pay very much.$700 dollars is the max

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
1. Re: hi

Sgt Howell:

Do you have limited mobility or can you utilize public transportation unassisted?

There is a train that runs right to the VA but requires you have some mobility to get there unassisted. The VA is located in an area that is more industrial than a neighborhood. I think you could find a room nearby the train and travel a short distance to be able to enjoy your life a little way away from the actual hospital. If you have some money and can afford a place to stay - you do not have to live near the VA.

Check the New TImes and the Miami Herald to find a room to rent in someone's home in the area so you do not need to be on your own while getting care.

See this link>

www1.va.gov/visn8/Miami/facilities/HCHV.asp

This is the Miami HAHV Center at

1492 West Flagler Street, Suite 102, Miami, FL 33135

Voice 305-541-5864 Fax 305-541-8614

The Veterans (HCHV) Program Office, is located on 14th Avenue and West Flagler Street. West Flagler Street runs east to west. The section of West Flagler Street in front of the office runs one way (west only). The office is located in a 2-story building on the south sidewalk of West Flagler Street in Room 102.

They are opened Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, drop-ins welcome 8:00 am - 2:00 pm

Also try>

…va.gov/Miami/clinical/socialwork.asp

This is the link for the social work service of the VA. he mission of Social Work Service at the Miami VA Medical Center is to provide all eligible veterans and their families with high quality psychosocial services that maximize community adjustment and social functioning.

Your benefits make home service placement available to you at these centers. Contact them today!

Good luck to you!

AG