We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
reviews: 134
Priceline

I keep reading what good offers this company has on their website but I am not sure how the bidding works.Is is possible for me to book rooms with them from the UK or do I need a US address.Also we need one room for two adults and one for two adults and two teenagers.Can this be done.

Thanks for your help.

San Diego
reviews: 7
1. Re: Priceline

Hi - Just go to the regular Priceline.com. I don't think it matters that you are from the UK. Just check the box for hotels, type in the city and click the area you want to stay in. I use Priceline all the time and get great deals. You can bid on up to four (maybe more)rooms - the standard room is two double beds. But once your request is accepted - you can always call the hotel directly and ask for a specific bed type (no guarantee). If you have any questions, just contact me at my trip advisor address. Hope this helps

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
reviews: 104
2. Re: Priceline

Beware. Priceline and Hotwire are just about the same. See this article:

http://www.frommers.com/articles/4812.html

Notice no one reads the terms and conditions, for if they did they probably would not make the reservation.

The point is that when you pay in advance for anything, try getting your money back if you are dissatisfied! Someone once said, "Possession is 9/10ths of the law." They possess your money.

These reservation systems work fine when everything goes as planned, probably well over 90% of the time. But when they do not go well, you are at the mercy of the reservation service that took your money and/or the hotel which out of goodwill may help you.

When travelling around the world, I always make a guaranteed reservation, but only make a pre-paid reservation when I am very familiar with the property. Usually I have stayed there before and am confident the management will make things right.

Finding a room for two adults and two teenagers together will require some special work, perhaps requiring a suite. Many places allow occupancy by only three adults (teenagers are adults to them). With a little work, you should find something however.

Also remember the wisest consumer tip: "When it seems too good to be true, it is."

San Diego
reviews: 7
3. Re: Priceline

What I can say in Priceline's defense is one time in New Orleans our hotel was oversold and we were put in another hotel for one night of three - Priceline credited the entire amount for that one night.

4. Re: Priceline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 14, 2009